BootsnAll Travel Network



Lanai City Vacation, Your Private Vacation Spot

Lanai city is located in the center of Lanai island – the smallest island in Hawaii. The island has been regarded as”pineapple island” in last century. Almost 98% of the island was owned by Dole Pineapple. Back to ancient time, this island was thought to be overrun by evil spirits until the son of a Maui chief, Kaululaau, was exiled to Lanai Island and freed the spirits.

Not until 1980s, the island has begun to be classified as a travel destination. Since then, Lanai island has been marketed as a “private island” that provides secluded vacation spots. The event that made Lanai a world romantic vacation name is a wedding in 1994, when Bill Gates took over the Four Seasons Resort Manele Bay – and pretty much the rest of the island for his wedding. Now, Lanai is a wedding location choice for couples who want privacy as well as the most beautiful scenery in Hawaii. A few luxury accommodations on the island also make Lanai perfect romantic getaway destination.

Hulopo’e beach is believed to be one of top 10 beaches in Hawaii by review for providing some best snorkeling spots in all Hawaii. The snorkeling spots are famous for the rich variety of colorful fishes and surprising clear water. While editor John Fischer in About.com has nominated Shipwreck Beach to be a top 10 beach for its interesting features: boulders, lava rock, washed-up timber and sand. Some other “things to do” in Lanai island include golfing and renting a 4WD exploring the island.

Besides of Four Seasons Resort Manele Bay , Hotel Lanai is a nice 10-room lodging choice. Their restaurant Henry Clay’s is recommended as a”best bet“ by Frommers.

Things to do in Lanai Island, rent a 4WD Jeep and explore the island

photo from Flickr, drdrewhonolulu



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *