BootsnAll Travel Network



Le Llaman Bodhi.

That´s right, they call him Bodhi, at least back here in Madrid; and by they I mean Rhea and Senorio T and maybe their flatmate, Pablo, a lifeguard at the local nudist beach… It was Mayday on my last morning in their small flat in La Va Piez:  a day to celebrate workers.  As most workers slept, one worker was discontent “Spain is a f#$% wh%^#, I’m going back to Puerto Rico!”  and then “Puerto Rico’s a F$#& Wh$#$%!!!” He began smashing things as I rummaged through my bag for earplugs.  Another voice shouted that the police were on their way.  I drifted off thinking “Why be a servant to the law when you can be it’s master?”

Thomas, Rhea, and I masted the law later that afternoon at a botillion.  Max had warned me about a crack-down the Barcelona police had on students all over the city who were practicing thier botillion rights in order to protest strickter laws against botillions.  Today in Madrid the police were nowhere and the square filled with people sitting in circles, firedancing, singing and drinking.  “This is beautiful, I love this thrill rush shit” Rhea exclaimed.  To which I replied “¿Saltamos o nos la pelamos?”  Thomas was less content “Me comeria el culo de un rinoceronte” and he stood up to search for his snack.  He didn’t find any animals that evening because he was distracted by a good deal on 1980’s computer parts at the market.  Rhea was more interested in the used porn which she purchased from the vendor next door.

I soon left Madridian madness because I had a flight to catch in Barcelona the next day.  I considered my options; the RNCF train was tempting for ambiance and sight-seeing but the Alva bus cost 75 Euros less.  Alva dropped me off at Sans in Barcelona and I made my way back to Iteca hostel (recommended!!). 

The rat screamed as it landed limp at my feet during my morning run the following day.  The man who’d chucked it from the ally yelled something at the rat or at me but my Spanish isn’t good enough to translate his words (yay!).  Vamos!  There’s nothing that says “time to get the hell off this continent” like a flying rat.  Ciao! 



Tags: , ,

2 responses to “Le Llaman Bodhi.”

  1. Michael says:

    What is a botillion?

  2. Dad says:

    I’m pretty sure the guy was yelling, “You look like a future U.S. doctor. Would you please resuscitate my rat?”

    Good photos!!
    Dad

  3. admin says:

    Botillion: I think the o has a hat on it… a drink-in in a park, street, neighborhood. More social than rowdy, or rowdy in a social way…
    The way I spelled it it actually has something to do with socialites. Anyone have a better spelling?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *