BootsnAll Travel Network



Zakopane, Poland (Post #36)

Dzien dobry! (pronounced jen-yuh dobra) – means hello in Polish.

It is Sunday night, August 14th at 9:45pm…this is Michele (with Mike supervising). Just wanted to post a quick update. We are in southern Poland in a “resort” type of town called Zakopane. We arrived here on Friday evening and have been hiking in the Tatra mountains all weekend. On Saturday we hiked to the Slovakia and I took a great picture of Mike standing on the Poland-Slovakia border that I will post tomorrow. And speaking of tomorrow…we will be taking the bus back to Krakow tomorrow (Monday) afternoon , staying one night there, and then taking a train to Prague, Czech Republic on Tuesday. I hope to upload a bunch of pictures from Poland when we are back in Krakow so check back tomorrow. Gotta run!
Do widzenia! (Goodbye in Polish)

We love blog comments but if for some reason you want to say something to us more directly, please email us — mikeandmichelertw at hotmail dot com (appropriate punctuation changes will be required of course).



Tags:

2 responses to “Zakopane, Poland (Post #36)”

  1. J Smith says:

    You’ve got good beer and great scenery, but what do you guys miss the most about the States so far?

    –Smith

  2. Piotr (receptionist from... yy.. hell:)) says:

    Hey, you’re still in Poland… impresive. how are you finding Cracow and Zakopane? and did you buy any souveniers in the salt mine, and why not? 🙂 (Same thing happens with polish guide, don’t worry… – I think they’re just have to sell some, if not, they’re fired… yeah, eastern Europe type of human resorces management…)
    Well I’m still very impresed with your trip… and will try to visit your site as often as possible…
    Best wishes – wszystkiego najlepszego! Piotr
    P.S. a record store is such a cool idea… (just saying that, so you could remember who I am) 🙂

  3. Piotr (receptionist from... yy.. hell:)) says:

    just realised you’re not in Poland, and I’m a guy who can’t read names of the days properly (is it spelled right… oh, you get the picture)… well I’m on my night shift again so that says it all, doesn’t it?
    Anyway… best wishes and good luck in Prague… 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *