BootsnAll Travel Network



Santorini, Greece (Post # 58)

Just a brief blog to keep things up to date…

After hanging around Santorini for 4 days and 4 nights, we will be departing on the ferry back to Athens at 7:15 tomorrow morning.

While here, we walked around the shops and restaurants in Fira, had lunch and drinks on the other side of the island (we’ve been staying in Fira) at the beach in Perissa and walked down to an interesting church on the side of the cliff of the caldera (Santorini has a caldera in its center as a result of a volcanic explosion a few thousand years ago.

The biggest news is that today Mike spotted a small lizard eating ants!

Here are a few pictures…

The sunset over the caldera (foreground) and one of the neighboring islands formed when the explosion took place…

A couple of kitties overlooking the caldera…

A dog overlooking Fira (the capital of Santorini)…

We’ll blog again soon…

We love blog comments but if for some reason you want to say something to us more directly, please email us — mikeandmichelertw at hotmail dot com (appropriate punctuation changes will be required of course).



Tags:

5 responses to “Santorini, Greece (Post # 58)”

  1. Kathy Priddy says:

    Catch that lizard and ship him to Virginia. He’s just what we need around here, esp. in the spring, when armies of ants start marching through the house!
    Great pictures. I loved the animals gazing at the view beyond and below.

  2. Kerry Owens says:

    Good God! I hope that dog doesn’t see a squirrel down there. We could have a jumper on our hands.

    Love the photos and thanks for keeping us all updated! We will be missing the heavy metal aid station at the PH50K this year.
    Kerry

  3. Rich Priddy says:

    Oh look, kitties!

  4. Joann Sorra says:

    Can I trade places with the cats or the dog for a day? They could sit at my computer desk and I would gladly sit on that wall! Do all animals there do that?

  5. Mary Ann Deak says:

    Hi, Michele–
    What a wonderful time you must be having!

    I’m using this as a way to get a message to you about a piece of mail you received here at Westat from Abbott Point of Care about upgrading the software for your i-STAT PCA. Didn’t know if it was something you needed while on your trip or what we should do with it. Let me know.

    Keep on enjoying your adventure–you’ve done and seen so much already and you’re not even half way yet!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *