BootsnAll Travel Network



Touch down

I’ve touched down back in Japan and immediately I know I’ve made the right choice. Chiaki picked me up at the airport Thursday, I had a successful interview on Friday, and now I’m enjoying the most beautiful time of the year, the Sakura Cherry Blossom festival with all my friends.
It’s official that I will now be an elementary school teacher. This thought would have been unthinkable prior to my Asian trip, but teaching elementary kids in China gave me a new perspective. My previous experience with kids was bad; because I was forced to teach the kids and the adults in the same day, requiring two very different mindsets, energy levels, and preparation styles. Also, believe it or not, it is much easier to teach a class of 30-40 than a class of 3-4. If one of the 3-4 kids acts up, the whole class is hard to control, but if a couple of rowdy kids are ignored in an interested class of 30, they’ll change their tune. The trick is keeping them interested. Otherwise, they’re all gone. This was the case in China, but I suspect Japanese kids are going to be more difficult to manage.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *