BootsnAll Travel Network



The bund sightseeing tunnel+Sexxx museum

The Bund is perpetually packed with tourists. Shanghai in general sees a constant stream of flag following tour groups from around the globe, and especially from within China. As I battled through the Bund this morning I decided to splurge and take the sightseeing tunnel under the river to Pudong.

You board the little bubble car and are taken by rail under the Huangpu and treated to a psychedelic progression of lights. A dreamy voice tells what theme the lights are trying to convey. “Shimmering stars, space swirl, and massive magma,” are some of the ridiculous stages of this trippy little journey.

I bought a combination ticket that also includes the China Sex Museum, an amusing diversion. A professor in Shanghai started it because I guess his collection of ancient porn got too big. The museum has it all, from old informational pamphlets and models for newlyweds, fertility gods, porcelain figures of couples “doing it”, and even ancient toys for the ladies. Because widows weren’t allowed to remarry, the “phallus became their best friend.” (Museum’s words, not mine.)

They’ve even created some original peices of their own. For example:


Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *