BootsnAll Travel Network



Best party ever?

The TEFL class is over, the week has been a hard one full of teaching Chinese kids and boozing, so our class hopped the bay from Zhuhai to Hong Kong arriving amid the hysteria of Rugby 7s. I didn’t know it, but this is the best weekend of the year to have landed on this small island for those looking for a good time. As we slowly crawled into Wan Chai it became evident what kind of night we were about to have. This is the notorious stomping ground of sailors worldwide, where guys have woken for centuries with new tattoos and perhaps a splash of VD. Its still about the booze here, but the sailors have all moved on to other ports of call. Now the place is teeming with young money and the typical meat market that follows.

Bars spilled forth people onto the streets from all corners of the globe donning mullet wigs and bear suits. After a couple hours of singing in the streets we headed to Lan Kwai Fong, the main party alley in Central Hong Kong. I thought we had it good in Wan Chai, only to be greeted by a sea of drunkenness, the ground literally soaked in beer, vodka, and Red Bull.

We spent all night here continuing my streak of sleep deprivation. We sang a little karaoke to a live band, and watched it get light under the shadow of the new IFC skyscraper, 85 stories. My good luck continues.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *