BootsnAll Travel Network



First Night Camping – August 4, 2006

Jenny: We headed back to the picturesque surf spot, surrounded by desert sand dunes and mountains to set up camp for the night.  We used our portable shower for the first time after the sun was down…very cold.  I cooked up some tasty breakfast burritos for dinner with guacamole using my mom’s trusty iron skillet and we ate s’mores for dessert.  There were a lot of campers nearby from California who had good stories and advice and we sat up by the fire for a while hanging out. 


Chris: Since the wind was bad I had to use some of our spare gas to start the fire – Jenny said that I was cheating.  Good thing one of the other campers was a fire fighter from Cali.  The only snag was that our self-inflating camping pads only self inflated half way (we later found out you have to blow them up yourself) so we felt plenty of rocks and bumps while sleeping.  We woke up a bit sore but proud at our effort, feeling like we finally had a true Baja experience.  After packing the car yet again for two hours it was back on the road south.



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *