BootsnAll Travel Network



The ‘Mo’ is Go!

I have officially entered the Australian institutional event of Movember.

It’s a ‘tache’ dash which means that I get to look ridiculous for the month, but all in the name of Male Health.

Male health is a major issue, did you know:

– Men are far less healthy than women. The average life expectancy of males is 6 years less than females.
– Every year in Australia alone 2,700 men die of prostate cancer – more than the number of women who die from breast cancer.
– Depression affects 1 in 6 men…Most don’t seek help. Untreated depression is a leading risk factor for suicide. Rates of suicide are more than double the national road toll.

Please help me to succeed, where Flintoff et al will undoubtedly fail, and do the Poms proud by sponsoring my mo! Attached below is the link to the official Movember site. My official entry is ‘mo bro’ number: 50407.

www.movember.com/au/sponsor

For those not comfortable with using a credit card on the web (i.e. Mum!) that’s no excuse, you can sponsor me by emailing me directly or adding a coment to this site!

The money raised by Movember will be used to change the face of men’s health by creating awareness and funding research into prostate cancer and male depression.

Please donate a small amount to this worthy cause, lets face it, if you donate just 1 pound, by the time it is converted to this tin pot Aussie currency, I’ll have raised loads!

Thanks for your support; I will be providing regular photo updates of my ‘mo’. More info is available at:

www.movember.com

Sculptures by The Sea 001.jpg

This is the mo after 7 days growth.



Tags:

0 responses to “The ‘Mo’ is Go!”

  1. Mo Sista says:

    Well done Mo Bro for helping raise awareness about Men’s Health issues – hope your family and friends support you, after all let’s face it you are gonna look like a bit of a weirdo!

  2. jane says:

    WHAT A ‘MUGSHOT’ !! What are YOU in for then? Seriously though, well done. Looking forward to seeing the final ‘mo’ !Sponsorship money being put into bank on Monday!

  3. Pete & Margie says:

    Sorry, but any reference to a ‘tache (known as a “mo” * in Oz cos they couldn’t spell it proper to save their lives) as being “ridiculous” is just not going to help your cause!! Just glorify your hairy growth in your blog (including the words “my uncle has the best beard I have ever seen”) and Margie promises to contribute “a significant amount” – all in the cause of men’s health – a cause that warms the cockles of my heart! Would write more but have to pop out for a ciggy and a brace of meat pies!! Oh and Oz 396-3, or as you will see it: 3 – 396 – wot a strange upside down world you are in – on day 2 at the Gabba. * barbie, arvo etc… apparently they use “pommie” cos they can’t spell “er magesty” rite!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *