BootsnAll Travel Network



More photos and some good news

Finally managed to find a fast enough computer to download photos from Salt flat tour, Uyuni and Santiago.

For those of you who haven´t already heard from the jungle drums (or Chris´s singing “tell me ma, me ma I won´t be home for tea, I´m going to the MCG, tell me ma, me ma!”) we have got tickets to the third day of the boxing day test in Melbourne. We have Chris´s sister Nic and husband Steve to thank for the securing the tickets.. which went on sale when we were mid 23 hour bus journey from San Pedro to Santiago. Nic and Steve stayed up till midnight to try and book us the tickets…..I hope you both hold Chris to the no Birthday present or Christmas present ever again promise for your troubles.

Already been thinking of gimmicks to get us on TV! …and Chris finally gets to play “chase the Sheila!”

Chris is currently looking at cheap flights from Sydney to Melbourne!



Tags:

3 responses to “More photos and some good news”

  1. The Doddsys says:

    I’m not sure how much other people will think that’s good news! It’s a bit frustrating for us knowing we’re getting the tickets but not going to the test!

    Anyway it’s nice for you Charlotte that you’re no longer travelling with the bearded Steve Harmison and that Chris is back with you!

    So what are the opening bids again for these tickets, again…..!

    Steve

  2. Bethany says:

    Hey jammy kids

    To say I’m envious of your trip is a complete understatement. Every time I read your updates I go green and the pics of hippy hostels etc just bring it all back… the good ole days!

    J and I are definitely going to do MP, it sounds too amazing not too … Vietnam will just have to wait (but I bet we change our mind when we hear your stories from there!)

    Try Virgin Blue for cheap flights in Australia – they were about the best that I found (I think I did Melbourne to Sydney for around £30 one way) but booking this far in advance you may get it cheaper; web site is http://www.virginblue.com.au – def better than the coach.

    Keep having fun and keep us updated, love hearing the stories and seeing the pics, really pleased you’re having an amazing time.

    Take care, love

    Bethany

    P.S. Charl, you’re such a classy bird in your same outfit for 4 days – bet you smelt beautiful, thank God for baby wipes, hey!

  3. admin says:

    Lady Beth

    How the devil are you! Good to hear from you…..we have already booked our flights with Virgin Blue and Jetstar…hoping to beat the rush… picked them up cheap.

    We are absolutely having a ball…..just like you said we would. Your backpack is doing you proud.

    Hope you are still loving the job.

    Charl

    P.S. How´s poots?

  4. Bethany says:

    Helllllllooooo Your Nibs (and Chris)!

    Genius! There I am trying to help and you’re ten steps ahead! Glad the backpack is hanging on in there; that will be one seriously well travelled backpack by the time it gets back. Can’t believe you’ve only been away six weeks … you’ve done so much. Gotta ask … do you and Chris wake up and plan outfits, you’re always matching … perhaps you haven’t even realised cos you’ve reached that phase of your relationship when you instinctively dress the same! I can just see you in ten years time walking the dogs wearing matching puffa’s, wellies and green angora (with holes) jumpers!

    Anyway, NZ will be totally fantastic; it’s so gorgeous – I would definitely recommend the intercity bus; the drivers are great, you get total flexibility in where you want to go and what to do when you get there as opposed to the kiwi experience etc. Also, if you get chance, go to Waitomo and do the black water rafting and Kaikora (just gorgeous and great for swimming with dolphins – but watch out for the sea fest – all hell breaks loose! And finally (honestly) if it’s snowy over there try and go skiing at Wanaka (and stay at the purple cow – it’s supposed to be fab!)

    Sorry, I keep getting really carried away, I’m just so excited for you both (and totally envious)!

    Take care, love

    Bethany Bootle

    P.S. Poots the wonder horse is indeed that and sends a beautiful big snorty slobber.

    P.S.S. Please excuse the slightly excessive use of exclamation marks – I got carried away!!!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *