BootsnAll Travel Network



Its a bit George Michael!

274191748_1a69d8971b_m.jpg274192637_81b8c4102d_m.jpg274182680_e8971732d3_m.jpg271720409_64b4259d47_m.jpg
15th October 2006

That’s right, its canny wham over here at the moment!

Sydney is in the middle of a Spring heatwave, it got up to 36 degrees here last weekend! The only thing to do when it gets that hot is head down the beach, so on Saturday we packed our bucket and spade and ventured out on the ferry for our first visit to the Northern Suburbs, and Manly beach.

The ferry ride is great, heading out of circular quay in the city centre and travelling to the coast via the Paramatta river for half an hour or so, you get some great views of the city and its iconic sights for less than half the price of a harbour cruise! When we arrived in Manly, we quickly realised that half the population of Sydney had had the same inspired choice of weekend activity and claimed our 1m square patch of sand that was just about all that was left! We spent the day slip, slap, slopping (its an aussie thing!) to avoid getting burnt and tried (and failed) at some body surfing. By mid afternoon things were just too hot so we were forced to retire to an air conditioned bar on the waterfront to indulge in Oktoberfest (i.e. drink massive stiens of strong krout lager!)

On Sunday, the weather resembled more Whitley Bay than Summer Bay, so we decided a trip to the Zoo was in order. Another short ferry ride and we arrived at the fantastic Taronga Zoo. The views across the harbour to the city from the Zoo actually upstage the animals at this place, but we had great fun nontheless, posing for the obligatory tourist shot with the Koalas, and taking in the fantastic bird show (unfortunatley not some Shielas in bikinis, but a selection of eagles, parrots and an unbelieveable falcon that made Obafemi Martins look slow, performing tricks).

That was about it for last weekend, apart from the exciting news that we secured some tickets for Kylies comback show in November, thanks to Donny. Hopefully the kids will be so lucky that the wheels are in (loco)motion for weekend of spinning around, I just can’t get you out of my head!



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *