BootsnAll Travel Network



Football – the international language!

Hola

Well we finally arrived tired but happy…we managed to blag extra leg room on both flights which was a right result!

Chris with his shifty looks got stopped at passport control…and our lack of spanish surely showed!  We managed to deduce someone of the same name had passed through that day and because of this Chris needed to leave a copy of his passport – yeah right!

 We were met at Lima airport by Laurent.  Laurent is a friends brother in law and has been extremely hospitable and invaluable as a guide. In short Laurent rocks!

Laurent and his wife Lorna have made us feel so welcome …..so much so that we are staying with them an extra night. We have arranged to Fly to Cusco on Friday so that we can have a night out with them and their friends on Thursday….but if you want the real reason it is so Chris can play football with Laurents team on Thursday.

 As I am writing this Chris is watching Arsenal v Barca with Laurent….they are disecting Arsenal,s squad and weighing up the merits of each player……sounds like a goal!!!  Once again Football has proven itself as a truly international language!

 We have just had the most fantastic lunch of fish and various seafoods finished by a shot of rum! All ordered by Laurent….it was absolutely fantastic.  Even Chris thought so …….for him to have fish is something of a miracle but to be fair he is grasping this travelling experience with both hands!

 We both keep pinching ourselves and finally realisation that we are finally doing this has sunk in. At the moment we are both extremely happy and cannot stop smiling.



Tags: , ,

0 responses to “Football – the international language!”

  1. Burnsy says:

    yo streety, the reason you got stopped through customs was cos the dude was gonna show all his mates about this lad called Christopher Street, cos he knows it’s the name of a gay festival in Cologne.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *