BootsnAll Travel Network



No Sports Signal for Spurs in the Snowy Snow Snow…

It’s taken me a while to come to terms with my addiction. I used to be a casual user. If I was home on a Saturday night then a quick fix would do for me. Occasionally I’d go fetch some papers on a Sunday morning..

But since I left England 6 months ago its spiralled dangerously out of control. Which is how I find myself in a coffeeshop with a borrowed laptop in Charlottesville, Virginia at 8.30am on a Sunday morning. The (news) papers just dont do it for me no more. I want to keep track of my football team, Tottenham Hotspur (Spurs), live. Och. The lengths obsessional sports fans go to for that mysterious enigma that is live sports coverage. I had to walk half an hour across thick snow to make it here this morning. Am I crazy? Delusional?

Of course, it is soddy sod the silly sod’s law that the more effort you have to put in to get live coverage of your chosen sports event, the less of that event you’re actually going to catch. And darn it if proving soddy sod’s various laws isn’t one of my eternal strengths. So, I sit down bleary eyed with a cup of coffee only to find that none of the internet radio stations that cover English football are working. This is sad. But my pain can be relieved so easily by a good result in the game. You may be delighted to hear that Spurs took the lead in the 38th minute & still held it in the 88th. You may care more about the rate at which Dulux dries. You may be very sad & dissapointed to hear that Spurs then gave it all away to an equaliser on 89. You may care more about the relative speeds of earthworms & cockroaches.

So, onwards & upwards. Or backwards & bedwards as the case may be.



Tags:

2 responses to “No Sports Signal for Spurs in the Snowy Snow Snow…”

  1. afro_al says:

    Bucky. I feel your pain. Here is something that will make you feel a lot better mate.
    Go to http://www.asiaplate.com and click on live steaming. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and download a program called PPlive. Once this is installed, go back to asiaplate, and you should see a list of loads of fotball matches taking place across the world. Simply click PLAY next to the spurs game and viola…live football to watch. Yes to watch…not to listen to…!!! And chinese commentary to boot!
    Make sure windows media player 10 is intalled.

    Kisses on your bald head…

    Alex x

  2. admin says:

    Alex, it’s people like you that make the world such a happy place. Don Emmanuel. Hiding pencils in your Jewfro. Yakshimash.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *