BootsnAll Travel Network



Vienna Christmas Markets

Last Friday, I wrote a guest post for the wonderful Europe a la Carte blog about Vienna’s Christmas markets. In the article I listed a few of the markets. I haven’t seen them all yet – and the one at Spittelberg features high on my to-see list. It looks very cosy there in the narrow alleys.

Vienna is always elegant, but especially during advent. I adore the Christkindlmarkt in front of Rathausplatz (City Hall). It’s so colourful and lively. It’s also full of children, because City Hall hosts a fabulous children’s workshop, the Christkindl Werkstatt. With rosy cheeks, all flush with excitement, they run inside to make wonderful homemade Christmas pressies and to have heaps of fun.

Related links:
Europe a la Carte: Christmas Markets in Vienna



Tags: , , , , , ,

5 responses to “Vienna Christmas Markets”

  1. Marie says:

    Link to blog post isn’t working 🙂

  2. Anne-Sophie says:

    Marie: You’re right. One http:// too many 🙂 I’ve fixed it now. Thanks for letting me know!

  3. Karen Bryan says:

    Sophie, thanks very much for a very seasonal, interesting guest post, making us all keen to visit Vienna’s Christmas markets.

  4. Anna Pisana says:

    As a viennese, i am very glad to read your post about Vienna’s Christmas markets. In my opinion, the one in front of the City Hall is very touristy. The best atmosphere has the one in Spittelberg.

  5. Prem says:

    Hey! looks beautiful, with all the colours/lights and all 🙂
    please visit http://bookvienna.ning.com to chat all about Vienna!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *