BootsnAll Travel Network



Lost my card

I lost my debit card.

I forgot it in the only ATM in St. Katherine’s  and rushed back 1.5 hours later to find it was gone. The taxi driver that took me to the ATM and back again felt so sorry for me that he didn’t charge me anything. It was the only card that I had, so now I’m left card-less. I had enough money to get back to Cairo by bus (thankfully) and yesterday my dad was able to wire me money through Western Union.

Anyways, I had a great time in St. Katherine’s. The monastery was  incredible. I woke up rather late though so I only had a short while to explore it before it closed at noon. I did end up finding a *supposed* secret passageway though! Didn’t get a chance to see the bush that is supposed to be a “descendant” of Moses’ burning bush.

Climbing Mt. Sinai was one of the highlights of my trip. The view from the summit was unbelievable- I arrived as the sun was setting and the mountains all around us were golden from the slanting rays. It was an amazing experience.

My time in Egypt has come to a close. Tonight I leave on a midnight flight to Casablanca, Morocco! For those of you who are wondering about Tunisia, the reason I’m not going there is because  my round-the-world ticket could not for some reason include a stopover in Tunisia, which is highly disappointing (same reason I had to skip Malaysia). I know I’ll make it there someday though!



Tags: ,

2 Responses to “Lost my card”

  1. Ned Fremont Says:

    What exactly I wouldnt give to get your discussion with you about this. You just say numerous elements that arrive from nowhere that Im very a number of Id possess a honest shot. Your weblog is outstanding visually, I signify consumers wont be bored. But other individuals who can see previous the movies and the layout wont be so impressed jointly along with your generic understanding of this subject matter.

  2. Posted from Brazil Brazil
  3. Berta Says:

    You completed various fine points there. I did a search on the topic and found the majority of persons will consent with your blog.

Leave a Reply