BootsnAll Travel Network



Diving

First of all, let me say I love, love, love scuba diving. It’s just amazing.

Before I could scuba, I had to see the local clinic to make sure the medicine I’m taking is okay to dive with. While there, I also weighed myself and found out I’ve lost a bit of weight- I think that when I pay for my own meals, I tend to feel less hungry all the time. Today was my 3rd scuba class, and it was the first time we dove in the actual ocean (not just a swimming pool!) We went on two 40 minute dives and practiced stuff like taking off our masks underwater and buddy breathing. After the classes (I feel like I’m in school again) we got to explore the reefs.

One of the coolest feelings I’ve had in my life is being able to stand with both feet planted on the ocean floor, fish swimming around me, and look up to see the surface of the water 50 feet above.

I saw a giant manta ray, pairs of butterfly fish lovers floating next to each other (apparentley they couple for life), a giant clam, a baby boxfish, and a school of tiny barracudas. At one point I swam over a rock into a flock of 20 very strange fish with gigantic black eyes that looked like martian fish. They just floated there, all facing the same direction, unmoving.

When I wasn’t diving, I layed in the sun and played with the boat’s resident kitten, Meow.

Where we dove:

Meow:

Boat cat



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply