BootsnAll Travel Network



Dali

Hello from Dali! This city is by far my favorite place in China. The air is clean, it’s beautifully placed in a valley by a lake, and the drivers are slightly less crazy. (We actually felt safe enough to ride bikes yesterday!)

Today we rode horses up the mountain. It was fabulous fun, although a bit scary. It was really steep in some places and sometimes their hooves slipped, but we got out of it alive.

Horse!  

As we arrived at the top of the mountain, we dismounted and walked to the edge. The view was breathtaking, and pictures can’t do it justice. But I’ll give you one anyway

View  

Isn’t it high? It took a long time to get up, but it was much faster getting down.

The rest of today will be spent shopping and eating. Maybe Gustav will dance to Ramstein in a bar with Chinese teenagers again. Very entertaining. Tomorrow, we’re going to Schenzen! (I have no idea how to spell that.)



Tags: ,

2 Responses to “Dali”

  1. Lauren Says:

    My dad went to Schenzen (I don’t know how to spell it either)! So that’s really cool that I actually recognize a name. He went to the market area and bought our family silk scarves. They’re really cool.
    I think it’s awesome that you got to ride a horse up to the top of a mountain! Amazing. I would have been so scared too.

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Greg Says:

    Hey Anna,

    Dali was one of my favorite places there! Do you have any time to go walk the Tiger Leaping Gorge? I highly recommend it if you can. 🙂

    Have an awesome trip!
    Greg

  4. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply