BootsnAll Travel Network



So Now What?

It’s been about two weeks since we’ve gotten home, and it’s maybe been a little difficult getting back into the swing of things. At first we under a fair bit of stress, as while we were gone the already booming economy went crazy, and finding rental accomodation in Edmonton has proved to be a challenge. We were lucky enough to find a place we’re happy with, an apartment accross the street from the university farm. It’s not exactly what we’d wanted – we’d been hoping for a main-floor suite in a house – but we do have a dishwasher, some included utilities, and the cost of using the laundry facilities didn’t sound too outrageous.

Neither of us is working yet, but we’re taking this opportunity to be picky about what jobs we take. We still have some savings, and, most importantly, there’s a shortage of workers, so you know that if you turn down one offer, there will still be more in the future.

Not much else to say, I’m afraid. Maybe we’ll post some more once the travel bug starts to stir again.

-Neil



Tags: ,

One response to “So Now What?”

  1. Geoff says:

    Hey All! hope all is great now. I noticed Neil was posting in the discussion boards recently so checked out your blog again. Been a while. On to the mountains of Switzerland. Cheers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *