BootsnAll Travel Network



Jan 8 – Stranded on a tropical Tioman Island! – literally

bajang-golf-resort-tioman-island.jpgGolf Course -Tiamon Islandjungle-tioman-island.jpgmonitor-lizard-iguana.jpgMonitor Lizarjungle-monkeys-tioman-island.jpgair-batang-beach-ti.jpgjosh-geomomo-tea.jpgdinner-ti.jpgJungle monkies, Air Batang beach, Josh, allbrkfst-tioman-island.jpgdragon-fruit.jpgannika-tiger-ti.jpgannika-coconut-juice.jpg

 Pictures – breakast on beach, JOsh eating dragon fruit, Annika befriending cat-“tiger”, annika found a coconut on ground and had the restaurant open it up so she could drink the juice.

Note:  check back to previous blogs, we may have added pictures. 

 Back to civilization 1/12/09 – catching up on blogs and pictures

After a very bumpy ferry ride (a combination of a roller coaster, bumper boats and a bucking bronco!), we landed on Tioman Island. It’s the epitome of a tropical island rising up out of the sea, with small villages clinging to the edge of the shore. The jungle rises up thousands of feet right behind the village in a riot of greenery and growth. I am right now sitting on the veranda of our guesthouse, and the waves are about 20 feet away! We have 2 small rooms with AC and hot showers. Nothing special, but an upgrade to where we’ve been and hey – it’s right on the beach! The only surprising part was the heat and humidity. When you see all those pictures of tropical isles, you don’t see the sweat and the mosquitoes! Natalie got eaten alive the first night and was pretty miserably itchy the next day.  On our way to our guesthouse, we saw a 4 foot long monitor lizard, which we later learned was an iguana. Later that day, Josh and Tim saw jungle monkeys scampering in the trees and a snake curled up on a branch! There’s only one short piece of road on the island, so we walk down the beach to find someplace to eat each night. There’s actually not a whole lot of choice as a lot of places are closed for the season. Tonight, we ate at a small table about 2 feet from the surf and had curried mackerel! (All 5 of us for about $10!) Our guesthouse restaurant is on pilings over the water and is a peaceful place to eat breakfast. We’ve really enjoyed talking to the family that owns our guesthouse. There are several grown kids and their families running the place, and their house is sort of open to the restaurant, so the kids run in and out and I (Natalie) have had a chance to talk quite a bit with one of the moms. Tim went golfing at a golf course hewn out of the jungle. He played with monkeys on the tee boxes, iguanas walking across the fairways, and white herons everywhere. Just goreous despite bad greens.  On one par 3 had to hit over the ocean and sand bank to get to the green.  When looking for a ball off the fairway, he had to be very careful as he didn’t know what would jump out of the jungle!  We also went for a walk in the jungle rainforest, on a grown-over path. After about 10 minutes, the kids were too freaked out about what they might see, and we were all already wet with sweat, so we turned around. Besides, we hear the snakes are poisonous!

We were planning to leave the island today, but found out that the ferry has been cancelled for the next 5 days! I guess the government watches the weather and if the winds are too great, they don’t allow the boat companies to go. Probably a good thing, but not in our plans! The bright side is that Josh was able to take an intro scuba course, and now with the delay, he can add on a few days of instruction and have his full diving license. It’s been a highlight for him and opened up a whole new world. The coral reef off the island is pretty good although the clarity isn’t great due to the monsoon.  So at this point, we are hoping to leave by the 13th. Can’t get any internet til back on the mainland, so we’ll be off the island by the time you read this.



Tags:

28,737 responses to “Jan 8 – Stranded on a tropical Tioman Island! – literally”

  1. If you are going for best contents like myself, just pay a quick visit this website daily because it gives quality contents,
    thanks

  2. Receivers have a chance to shine in their first year, but tend to be very inconsistent and require a year or two of patience. When you believe that you are incapable of handling pain €?especially the deep pain of loneliness and helplessness €?then you will find many addictive ways to avoid feeling your pain. Working from home will save you the cost of the need to rent payments business room. Utilizing key phrase investigation resources they ought to talk about as well as suggest the best key phrase as well as search term choice for the company. Your daily tasks can be scheduled so that the child can stay on track with even daily care tasks.

  3. Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your website,
    how could i subscribe for a blog website? The account helped me a acceptable deal.
    I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear concept

  4. Ken says:

    Hello there, You’ve done a fantastic job. I will definitely
    digg it and personally recommend to my friends.
    I am confident they will be benefited from this website.

  5. 栃木県の着物を売りたいの語を知りたい。やってくるを整理しますね。

  6. My coder is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP.
    I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses.
    But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using Movable-type on several websites for about a
    year and am anxious about switching to another platform.
    I have heard excellent things about blogengine.net.
    Is there a way I can import all my wordpress posts into it?
    Any kind of help would be really appreciated!

  7. m88bet says:

    Normally I do not learn post on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to check
    out and do it! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thanks, very nice article.

  8. dam says:

    Thanks very interesting blog!

  9. Click Here says:

    You are so interesting! I don’t suppose I’ve truly read
    through anything like that before. So nice to discover someone
    with genuine thoughts on this subject. Seriously..
    thank you for starting this up. This website is something that is required on the web, someone with a little originality!

  10. Supernena1: Toma esta en un verde agua marina precioso… lo pillo, el viernes lo tengo
    en casa.

  11. My partner and Ⅰ aЬsolutely lοve your blog and find most off your post’s to be exactly what I’m looking for.
    Ɗoes one offer guest writеrs to write content available for you?
    I wouldn’t mind prߋducing a post or elaborating on most of the subϳects you wгitе with гeցards
    to here. Again, aաeѕome weЬ site!

  12. This is a topic that’s near to my heart…
    Take care! Where are your contact details though?

  13. Thhe final ϲourse gradxe ѕhall ƅe reportᥱd based
    ߋn the mentioned University policy.

  14. rcjdsb.com says:

    Αny indicatio tto thee contrary is noticed as an injustiϲe inflicted
    upon girls by males, and іt is fеminists who make sure that ѵiewpоint
    is normal fare.

    My weblog: feminist t shirt samantha bee – rcjdsb.com

  15. Hello.This article was extremely fascinating, particularly because I was looking for thoughts on this matter last Sunday.

    Feel free to visiit mmy web blog :: Some Essential Tips To Get Your Skin Glowing

  16. fuck says:

    I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this
    post was good. I don’t know who you are but certainly you
    are going to a famous blogger if you are not already 😉 Cheers!

  17. spara fonder tips

    Jan 8 – Stranded on a tropical Tioman Island! – literally » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  18. tủ bếp sồi nga

    Jan 8 – Stranded on a tropical Tioman Island! – literally » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  19. flowmax says:

    flowmax

    Jan 8 – Stranded on a tropical Tioman Island! – literally » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  20. Openstack

    Salesforce

  21. valve testing

    valve repair

  22. VSupport online technical support

    Jan 8 – Stranded on a tropical Tioman Island! – literally » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  23. Support for microsoft products

    Jan 8 – Stranded on a tropical Tioman Island! – literally » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  24. property investment foreign

    Jan 8 – Stranded on a tropical Tioman Island! – literally » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  25. obat pembesar penis

    Jan 8 – Stranded on a tropical Tioman Island! – literally » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  26. It’s an awesome piece of writing for all the web viewers; they
    will take benefit from it I am sure.

  27. web page says:

    web page

    Jan 8 – Stranded on a tropical Tioman Island! – literally » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  28. itechnician

    iPhone repair Toowoomba

  29. comprare iscritti youtube

    Comprare visualizzazioni youtube

  30. transparent led screen glass

    Jan 8 – Stranded on a tropical Tioman Island! – literally » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  31. Video Production

    Video Production Dubai

  32. Red Wine says:

    Mixed Cases

    Grand Cru

  33. Wholesale Jerseys China Free Shipping

    Fixed, serious problems easily save you a few hundred dollars down in an interval.You can also visit the internet.S. They should consider doing proper carpet recycling California.” Through the years, FORE Magazine has been dedicated to covering the to…

  34. Welcome Mats

    Entrance Mats

  35. Hot scene says:

    Top less girl

    Girl video

  36. Wholesale NFL Jerseys From China

    Whenever they have trouble locating the best electrician Orange County dwellers check the web. Even so, playing tennis is beneficial for all ages, particularly for young children because of the reasons below:Tennis is a form of exercise No matter how y…

  37. Acheter des followers Instagram

    acheter des followers

  38. Wholesale Hockey Jerseys China

    The range of merchandise is usually expanding, and that means you should browse online or perhaps one of their stores to keep up with the most up-to-date offerings.When deciding how to style your working environment, help it become a lot more ergonomic…

  39. Excellent post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a
    litte more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more.
    Appreciate it!

  40. What’s up, yeah this paragraph is really fastidious and I have learned lot
    of things from it about blogging. thanks.

  41. When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each
    time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
    Thanks!

  42. .WZNIs3d94f9 says:

    Hello to every body, it’s my first pay a quick visit of this web site; this blog
    includes remarkable and in fact good material in favor of
    visitors.

  43. Thank you for every other informative site. Where else may just I get that
    type of information written in such an ideal means?

    I’ve a project that I’m just now working on, and I’ve been at
    the look out for such info.

  44. cambio says:

    I couldn’t refrain from commenting. Very well written!

  45. I enjoy what you guys are up too. This sort
    of clever work and reporting! Keep up the awesome works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to blogroll.

  46. Pet Grooming uckland

    dog grooming Auckland

  47. gym instructor course

    fitness instructor course

  48. radiation protection

    emf protection

  49. Snow Algae says:

    Face Cream

    Instant Face Lift

  50. action energie solidarite

    economies denergie

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *