BootsnAll Travel Network



Jan 8 – Stranded on a tropical Tioman Island! – literally

bajang-golf-resort-tioman-island.jpgGolf Course -Tiamon Islandjungle-tioman-island.jpgmonitor-lizard-iguana.jpgMonitor Lizarjungle-monkeys-tioman-island.jpgair-batang-beach-ti.jpgjosh-geomomo-tea.jpgdinner-ti.jpgJungle monkies, Air Batang beach, Josh, allbrkfst-tioman-island.jpgdragon-fruit.jpgannika-tiger-ti.jpgannika-coconut-juice.jpg

 Pictures – breakast on beach, JOsh eating dragon fruit, Annika befriending cat-“tiger”, annika found a coconut on ground and had the restaurant open it up so she could drink the juice.

Note:  check back to previous blogs, we may have added pictures. 

 Back to civilization 1/12/09 – catching up on blogs and pictures

After a very bumpy ferry ride (a combination of a roller coaster, bumper boats and a bucking bronco!), we landed on Tioman Island. It’s the epitome of a tropical island rising up out of the sea, with small villages clinging to the edge of the shore. The jungle rises up thousands of feet right behind the village in a riot of greenery and growth. I am right now sitting on the veranda of our guesthouse, and the waves are about 20 feet away! We have 2 small rooms with AC and hot showers. Nothing special, but an upgrade to where we’ve been and hey – it’s right on the beach! The only surprising part was the heat and humidity. When you see all those pictures of tropical isles, you don’t see the sweat and the mosquitoes! Natalie got eaten alive the first night and was pretty miserably itchy the next day.  On our way to our guesthouse, we saw a 4 foot long monitor lizard, which we later learned was an iguana. Later that day, Josh and Tim saw jungle monkeys scampering in the trees and a snake curled up on a branch! There’s only one short piece of road on the island, so we walk down the beach to find someplace to eat each night. There’s actually not a whole lot of choice as a lot of places are closed for the season. Tonight, we ate at a small table about 2 feet from the surf and had curried mackerel! (All 5 of us for about $10!) Our guesthouse restaurant is on pilings over the water and is a peaceful place to eat breakfast. We’ve really enjoyed talking to the family that owns our guesthouse. There are several grown kids and their families running the place, and their house is sort of open to the restaurant, so the kids run in and out and I (Natalie) have had a chance to talk quite a bit with one of the moms. Tim went golfing at a golf course hewn out of the jungle. He played with monkeys on the tee boxes, iguanas walking across the fairways, and white herons everywhere. Just goreous despite bad greens.  On one par 3 had to hit over the ocean and sand bank to get to the green.  When looking for a ball off the fairway, he had to be very careful as he didn’t know what would jump out of the jungle!  We also went for a walk in the jungle rainforest, on a grown-over path. After about 10 minutes, the kids were too freaked out about what they might see, and we were all already wet with sweat, so we turned around. Besides, we hear the snakes are poisonous!

We were planning to leave the island today, but found out that the ferry has been cancelled for the next 5 days! I guess the government watches the weather and if the winds are too great, they don’t allow the boat companies to go. Probably a good thing, but not in our plans! The bright side is that Josh was able to take an intro scuba course, and now with the delay, he can add on a few days of instruction and have his full diving license. It’s been a highlight for him and opened up a whole new world. The coral reef off the island is pretty good although the clarity isn’t great due to the monsoon.  So at this point, we are hoping to leave by the 13th. Can’t get any internet til back on the mainland, so we’ll be off the island by the time you read this.



Tags:

28,773 responses to “Jan 8 – Stranded on a tropical Tioman Island! – literally”

  1. Laos on the other hand also is not the least expensive location in Asia, but you are able to restrict your self to $50 per day there.Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, southern component of China and obviously the wellknown Thailand are very good destinations, exactly where you can find good meals, inexpensive costs and lots of attractions. This is why redmart coupon had been provided for anyone therefore willing; to enable you to always avoid wasting green back when making your own festive shopping.Toronto recalled Jesse Chavez and Adeiny Hechavarria from Las Vegas to take their roster spots. Once the device is secured down, it’ll be very not possible for anybody to eliminate data in the hard drive as well as format the difficult drive.
    Cheap Jerseys From China

  2. veja mais says:

    ӏ’ve been surfing online mоre than 2 hours today, yet I never found any interesting artіcle like yours.
    It is pгetty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if ɑll website owners and bloggers made
    good content as you did, the web will be much more usefᥙl than ever befoгe.

    meu webpage : veja mais

  3. Good post! We will be linking to this particularly great
    post oon our website. Keep up the good writing.

    Here iis my blog posat – one piece thousand storm pirater télécharger

  4. Clique Aqui says:

    I know this web page offers quality depending articles or reviews and extra material, is there any other
    site which provides such data in quality?

    Also visit my blog post – Clique Aqui

  5. Good post however I was wondering if you could
    write a litte more on this topic? I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further.
    Thank you!

    my homepage :: stephen pierce

  6. twitter.com says:

    Your style is unique compared to other folks I’ve read stuff from.

    Many thanks for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I will just book mark this web site.

    My web site – game killer apk no root (twitter.com)

  7. Saiba Mais says:

    I have been browsing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article
    like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my view,
    if all site owners and bloggers made good content
    as you did, the internet will be a lot more useful than ever before.

    My page … Saiba Mais

  8. I pay a visit daily some sites and information sites to
    read posts, however this weblog provides feature based posts.

    my homepage; stephen pierce

  9. You only require to click the On the web Hack button above, fill
    the empty boxes with your Clash of Kings username,
    the amount of resources that you want to add, and click produce.

    My homepage clash of kings hack wood

  10. Appreciate the recommendation. Will try it out.

    Also visit my blog :: stephen pierce

  11. Heya i am for the primary time here. I came across
    this board and I in finding It really useful & it helped
    me out much. I am hoping to present one thing back and aid
    others like you helped me.

    Also visit my webpage – Game Killer Apk Descargar

  12. Please let me know if you’re looking for a author for your weblog.

    You have some really great posts and I think I would be a good asset.
    If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d really like to write some content
    for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
    Please send me an e-mail if interested. Cheers!

    Feel free to visit my blog post – game killer android apk

  13. Hello, yup this piece of writing is actually nice and I have learned lot of things from it concerning
    blogging. thanks.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage: stephen pierce international

  14. Hello! I just want to offer you a big thumbs up for the excellent info you’ve got here on this post.
    I am coming back to your web site for more soon.

    Feel free to surf to my site … game killer full apk
    (http://mrgamekiller.blogspot.com/)

  15. Hi! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing several weeks of hard work due to no backup.
    Do you have any methods to stop hackers?

  16. Kassie says:

    Contanto que ordinário as outras pessoas xarope, não se recomenda sua prática no
    preexistente trimestre da barrigada. http://junsaobang.com/home.php?mod=space&uid=58119&do=profile&from=space

  17. I enjoy reading an article that will make men and women think.
    Also, many thanks for allowing me to comment!

    My blog stephen pierce international

  18. Hey there! Would you min if I share your blog with my myspace group?
    There’s a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your
    content. Please let me know. Thannk you

    my web page :: one piece thousand storm xbox 360

  19. Jan 8 – Stranded on a tropical Tioman Island! – literally » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  20. 1、 会上服务车辆中, 在通信行业这块阵地,7亿元人民币, 一系列信贷政策相叠加,卫生部将以粮食、蔬菜、肉、乳、婴幼儿食品和非法添加物等为重点。日访问量只有200人左右。半年检是106项,它们不但型面复杂, 上半年86户会员企业中亏损35户,但标签未做说明。

  21. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your
    further write ups thank you once again.

    Also visit my web blog :: Saúde e Beleza

  22. I do not know if it’s just me or if perhaps everybody
    else experiencing problems with your blog. It appears as
    though some of the text in your content are running off the screen. Can someone else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening
    to them as well? This might be a issue with my browser because I’ve had this happen before.
    Appreciate it

    Minicreditos con asnef
    https://goo.gl/Ub3iYu

  23. oijjmpkcvg says:

    Jan 8 – Stranded on a tropical Tioman Island! – literally » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia
    [url=http://www.g47x63j155w6j6rrs1y1j67njk8o2l4ts.org/]uoijjmpkcvg[/url]
    oijjmpkcvg http://www.g47x63j155w6j6rrs1y1j67njk8o2l4ts.org/
    aoijjmpkcvg

  24. Interruption marketing is exactly where you post advertisements anywhere and everywhere hoping someone may possibly stumble across the ad and take notice. Along with getting a bad reputation, you might find that your IP address gets blocked by certain ISPs if they get too many complaints. However, an Ultrabook convertible has its own class. Waiting longer may cost you the customer, and they may mention the lack of response to others. Once the device is secured down, it’ll be very not possible for anybody to eliminate data in the hard drive as well as format the difficult drive.
    Cheap NFL Jerseys

  25. Nice weblog here! Additionally your web site a lot up fast!
    What host are you the use of? Can I am getting
    your associate link in your host? I desire my web site loaded up as fast as
    yours lol

    Here is my homepage; Stephen Pierce International

  26. Monika says:

    My brother suggested Ι woiuld poѕsibly ⅼike tҺiѕ web site.
    Нe wаѕ once entіrely rigһt. TҺis post tгuly mɑdе
    myy Ԁay. Yοu cann not сonsider justt how so mսch tije I haԁ spent for tһis info!
    Thabk үou!

    Alsо visit myy blog post Monika

  27. Traveling may be an enjoyable and thrilling time for numerous men and women to get a broad selection of factors. There are some web sites which permit consumers to view any motion picture online merely if you’re certainly not thinking about downloading it any video use this choice. Your emails will be considered as spams if you send them to people who did not sign up on their own. The particular responsiveness of such devices will be unparalleled meaning that such a function is not presently there to make the device just handy. As by yourself glance for norton antivirus coupon very similar content material or other material pertaining in direction of panda antivirus gratis or worm, choose a minimal season toward belief the under report.
    Wholesale Jerseys China

  28. Keeep on writing, great job!

    Feel free to syrf to my weblog – back lucrative by michael carr

  29. I was recommended this web site by my cousin. I am no longer sure whether or not this put up is written by way
    of him as no one else recognise such detailed about my problem.
    You are incredible! Thank you!

    Feel free to surf to my blog post :: negocios online

  30. Hi there, You’ve done a great job. I will certainly digg it and personally suggest to my friends.
    I am sure they will be benefited from this website.

    Also visit my blog post – receitas culinarias (suelenreceitas.wordpress.com)

  31. It’s remarkable to pay a quick visit this website and reading
    the views of all mates regarding this paragraph, while I am also zealous of getting know-how.

    Check out my blog investir dinheiro

  32. brownie says:

    For the reason that the admin of this web site is
    working, no uncertainty very rapidly it will be famous,
    due to its feature contents.

    Look at my blog post – brownie

  33. Hi, i think that i saw you visited my weblog so i came to “return the favor”.I am attempting to find things to
    improve my site!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

    Also visit my blog post: abrir negocio

  34. sobremesas says:

    Hi there fantastic blog! Does running a blog like this take a lot of work?
    I’ve no understanding of programming but I was hoping to start my own blog in the near future.
    Anyhow, if you have any ideas or tips for new blog owners please share.
    I understand this is off topic however I simply needed to ask.

    Appreciate it!

    Also visit my web blog … sobremesas

  35. Wonderful blog! Do you have any recommendations for aspiring writers?
    I’m planning to start my own blog soon but I’m a little lost
    on everything. Would you recommend starting with a free platform like
    Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I’m completely confused
    .. Any recommendations? Thanks a lot!

    Here is my web-site :: negocios seguros (https://sonegociosdesucesso.wordpress.com)

  36. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this,
    like you wrote the book in it or something.
    I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home
    a bit, but other than that, this is fantastic blog.
    An excellent read. I’ll certainly be back.

    Look at my web site :: abrir negocio [melhoresoportunidadesonline.wordpress.com]

  37. Hi everyone, it’s my first pay a quick visit at this site,
    and post is really fruitful for me, keep up posting these content.

    Feel free to surf to my web-site: investimentos

  38. If some one wants expert view concerning blogging after that i advise
    him/her to pay a visit this blog, Keep up the pleasant work.

  39. Greetings from Los angeles! I’m bored at work so I decided to check out
    your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the knowledge you provide here and can’t wait to
    take a look when I get home. I’m surprised at how fast your blog loaded on my phone
    .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, good site!

  40. Everything is very open with a really clear explanation of the issues.
    It was really informative. Your website is very useful.
    Thanks for sharing!

    Also visit my site – http://www2.railwayunionrfc.com/?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=user&id=455973

  41. Hi everybody, here every one is sharing these know-how, thus it’s pleasant to
    read this web site, and I used to visit this weblog all the time.

  42. Part of the characteristics aren’t difficult to utilize and for which the seo firms may possibly charge you exceedingly. . . The same is true for most of the above behaviors €?they can be addictions or not, depending upon your intent. Louis.

  43. it10001.com says:

    Hi Dear, are you truly visiting this web page regularly, if
    so then you will absolutely obtain fastidious knowledge.

    Check out my blog post; discount frontline plus for dogs (it10001.com)

  44. meme 2016 says:

    Greetings from Colorado! I’m bored at work so I decided to
    browse your site on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the information you present here and
    can’t wait to take a look when I get home.
    I’m amazed at how quick your blog loaded on my mobile ..
    I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, superb blog!

  45. Additionally, your business information, opening up hours, internet promo
    codes, photos, maps, instructions, or even show
    business reviews.

  46. Josette says:

    Permit me speak really slowly for the web geeks …

    Our team track decisions off our yellow web page ads …
    the consumer tracks the sale from that contact us to $$ …
    yellow web page ads are still one of the most powerful
    local item … our company likewise lug all the S.E.O items …
    an effectively rounded campaign INCLUDING YELLOW PAGES is actually one of the most efficient duration!!

  47. Thalia says:

    What’s up everyone, it’s my first go to see at this site, and paragraph is really fruitful
    for me, keep up posting these types of content.

  48. Why users still use to read news papers when in this technological globe everything
    is available on net?

  49. I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This article posted at
    this web page is really pleasant.

  50. marlboro says:

    We would suggest this system for anyone that wants to decrease their particular intake of tar and smoking, or perhaps
    is selecting help quit smoking.

    Also visit my website: marlboro

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *