BootsnAll Travel Network



the Night before

SO here I am..sitting on my bed with my favorite stuffed animals sitting around me, dog on one side, cat on the other. reviewing my travel plans and thinking once again how terrifying the next few days are going to be. what in the world possessed me to decide to travel all by my lonesome halfway across the world to Australia? of ALL places, Australia! I don’t even know what was going through my head…but now, sitting on my bed, and listening to the rain trickle around me, landing on that lush green canopy I know is overhead, and wont see for another 9 months. all A named places from here on out, Australia, Arizona..maybe Argentina? oh well. I am more nervous about my few days of vacation then my 6 week stay with total strangers and their horses. at lease with horses I know whats up, but in the city? I am a complete boob.

to anyone reading this, I promise it will get better, I just had to create the prerequisite terrified post while fervently convincing myself not to go..then to go..then not to go! I don’t know what to do! I want to stay home with my mom! I want to stay with Bethe and with all the people who make my heart sing, why the fuck am I going so far away to work with horses?
because my feet itch..like this terrible burning sensation, like when the pavement gets too hot under your feet and you get stuck in the tar. and getting unstuck takes another few years and then you just give up and settle down. make sense? well, it does to me, and I always feel like that if i settle down for any longer then a month. at least in school., i have an excuse, but if i were to stay home? I would never be able to tear myself away again..and I have miles to go before I sleep, miles to go before i can even take a breath.
now that I have explained how I can leave my mom to this..green paradise. maybe i can go a little into my plans for the next few weeks? with a stopover in Sydney for 4 days to swing by the beach and buy stuff like kangaroo ball purses, and expensive opal. I will be spending my nights at a hostel in the center of town. on the 18 I will be moving out towards the outback, several hours outside of Sydney to a ranch where I will work with a family which breeds American saddle-bred horses. exciting huh? I think so..so it really doesn’t matter..this blog is to record my thoughts! give my family and friends some semblance of what I am doing with my life, and connect with the past. (HA HA!) so tune in for a few rocky adventures! no punches pulled or words minced!

ITS ADVENTURE TIME!!!
( and bed..eventually)



Tags:

3 responses to “the Night before”

  1. liz sotack says:

    go forth, enjoy, love and learn! apprehensions are nothing but a proof that your in the right place at the right time. if you weren’t out of your comfort zone there would be so much less.

    ENJOY!!!!!!…..learn and love.

    sooo, 100% respect towards what you’re doing and where you;re going. can’t wait to see how it tunrs out!!

    all my love!
    Giggles.

  2. Mom says:

    No new posts yet? I know you are still flying across the skies so far away from home…I just can’t wiat to hear about all of your adventures, love you baby girl

  3. Caitlin says:

    Well for your first blog, I am bored already!! Jeeze get to the fun stuff!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *