BootsnAll Travel Network



a few days later…

So I guess im a little late in this next update. sorry about that. I coulld have sworn I posted yesaterdsay but it was really a dream! so, for the past two days ya’ll need a summary..ok so my fiurst day, fresh off ther plane and wide awake I went out for a BBQ and beach party with my hostle, met three fun people, Matthew from the UK, Sebasatian from Germany, and a girl from Norway!(oops on the name) we spend the day taking odd pictures and being wierd. then later that night I went out on a PARTY BUS! WHOOT WHOOT! basically, a druken tour through sydney. 5 bars, 5 free beers, deffanitly a good time.
when on the party bus, one must not sit down, one must not stop dancing, one must NOT stick their boobies out of the wondow, andf one must be drunk. those rules are very important. I might have some photos from that night on my new friends fb, but we’ll see in a bit if they remember. I felt liek my sister that fatefull night, made out with a guy from dublin who bought me a drink (MOM! a GUY bought me a DRINK!) that has never happened before! whoohoo! but around 1:40ish i crashed, fell asleep on the toilet and knew i had to go home. so I grabbed a taxi and payed for a 5 doller trip back to the hostle. just kidding..nothing costs 5 bucks here..more like 9…
woke up to at 2 to drizzle and clouds. waitind for the sun to peek through and headed out to the aquarium! as far as they go it wasnt very impressive. I should of gone next door but was conservative with money and all that. still might go! i really wanna touch a koala! after the aquaerum I wandered around Darling harbor by myself, had tasty tai food and pondered the IMAX then it started really raining and i ran back to the hostle. i enjoyed my day very much so! though I would have been more fun with companions. later I found out they had slept till 4 and were not up for adventuring.

That brings me to today! today was a shopping fest! i needed to get some souveniers in my bag! mom, I got a new suitcase because it was bright orange, my old bag had a rip and it was cheep! Everything I bought was cheap, wonderfully so because I went to Paddys market and pigged out on australian stuff! bommerangs bath towls oven mits, kangaroo balls opal leather wristbands YOU NAME IT! i got a flag so now i can claim countrys at my leasure. but today I wasnt alone, my buddy from Norway went with me and we had a good old time. I love how all of us at the hostle are in our own way lonley, teaming up for one reason or another. a work buddy, a tourist buddy, it dosnt matter we all need a companion and their is always someone to fit the bill. so today my loneness was eased, and my culteral knowlege of bad words expanded. a good day indeed.

tommorw is my last day in Sydney, I had to book another night in the hostle because no trains were running to my ranch on weekends. but thats good! because I still ha’vnt seen the opera house and bridge, so I will ride the ferry around for a few hours eating bagels and chocolate watching tourists and seagulls. tommorow I will send out all the postcards (almost thirty you stinking buggers) and look for a place to buy a saddle. tonight though..the scary cannary has its doors open and drinks for 3:50 so i Might pop in for a few!
Skills I have learned thus far:
how to get lost in Sydney, and find my way home following a pidgon/elderly asian man
how to avoid being hungover by looking at platypus
how to kiss a dougong
and much more..when i remember…
Will be back tommorowfor a new update! sleep well all you lovely souls, I miss you and wish you well!



Tags:

2 responses to “a few days later…”

  1. Mom says:

    Hi Hannah,

    I hope you don’t mind me writing to you via your blog. I can only assume that you are having the time of your life and learning lots of good stuff and meeting great people. Oh and kangaroos and wallabees and of course horses. I look everyday for a post so hopefully you will have time soon.

    Life here is the usal. Work is crazy as you might expect. But the enrollment looks strong for new students, we are still working on retention. But the calls from anxious parents are coming fast and furious. The weekend was good for riding, the ride at the retreat last weekend had over 150 bikes. I am hoping to do another one this weekend.

    I had to wait until I got paid to send in your apartment application, hopfully I wasn’t to late. I wrote a note to have them contact me while you are away, so I’ll keep you posted on how it all comes together. The 2nd check finally came. It was sent to the ranch, but returned as undeliveriable, and the weird part was that it didn’t go back to the state office, but came to us at home—without our home address on it! Go figure how that happened.
    Anyway, it’s good for 120 days, so we can send it to you once you are settled back in Prescott.

    Ok, guess I’ll finish up, I hope to hear from you soon and with pictures please! I don’t have any more bad dreams of you be lost in the outback, but I miss you tons and am finding it difficult not to be able to communicate with you. Enjoy, I love you, Mom. oxoxoxox

  2. mom says:

    Hi Hannah,

    We are all getting readay for the big storm, it should be arriving here at VT on Sunday, heavy rain about 5-7 inches and wind of up to 70 mph. expect we will oss power for a little while. Monday some of our new sudent arrive for early orientation. Then all of the rest come on Thursday. Busy week.

    I hope you get things worked out at the ranchm I can’t quite figure out what is going on or how you are feeling. Maybe you will post to the blog and explain. Love you, mom oxoxoxox

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *