BootsnAll Travel Network



Sydney

Sydney Sunrise

Just a quick update to let everyone who follows my blog know that we made it safely to Sydney.  We had to catch a super-early shuttle to the airport for our 0645 departure.  Their computers were down so they were checking us in manually.  It took forever and we will probably never get the frequent flyer miles for it either.  We took the train to the Circular Quay in central Sydney and then a ferry to the north shore beach town of Manly where we booked a little apartment for three days.

I like Manly better than the southern beach of Bondi.  It somehow seems more normal. Coincidently, Bondi is where brother Jesse is at this moment.  We weren’t able to coordinate our lodging (a friend was taking care of it for him) and since we are on opposite sides of the city from each other we decided it would be too much of a hassle to meet up. Today Luci and I took a walk along the north shore to Sydney Harbor National Park.  It was long and now were are exhausted.  We have been throwing around different ideas about what to do with our time here.  Luci wants to do yoga and I want to surf or get a sailing dinghy.  But, I feel the beginings of a cold coming on and I’m not sure being in the water will be the best thing for it.

Tomorrow we are free and the day after we begin the Japan segment of our travels.



Tags: ,

One response to “Sydney”

  1. Matt Stone says:

    Hey, do you register in Clustr Maps? I am yet to see Antarctica come up on that.

    http://mattstone.blogs.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *