BootsnAll Travel Network



Days 28-33: Magnetic Critters

Just some photos of critters seen in Oz.

Kelly really wishes Marcus would stop finding these.
spider1.jpg

This guy was bigger than Marcus’ out-stretched hand.
spider2.jpg

Attack of the Giant Spiders now showing in Townsville.
k_towns_spider.jpg

The curlew is dwindling in numbers, perhaps it’s due to their penchant for hanging around roads at night.
curlew.jpg

What is this guy anyway?
black_red_beetle.jpg

The lorikeets serenaded us almost wherever we went on the island. Stunningly beautiful, rainbow-colored birds. The tree was full of them snacking on nuts.
lorikeet.jpg



Tags:

5 Responses to “Days 28-33: Magnetic Critters”

  1. Bryan L Allen Says:

    GREAT critter shots! I’m particularly impressed with the in-flight butterfly shot.

    Oh, and I suppose they told you that koalas can be grumpy and have a Nasty Bite. But they’re cute!

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Mom Says:

    Can’t wait for Aunt Nita to see those spiders!!! Glad you are there and not me at that point….

    Hugs xoxox

  4. Posted from United States United States
  5. grandpa Runyan Says:

    Hopefully none of those critters are in my garage. Dennis and Aunt Anita are supposed to be here in May to clean my mess in garage. Love the blogs and pictures, Grandpa

  6. Posted from United States United States
  7. grandpa Runyan Says:

    Hopefully none of those critters are in my garage. Dennis and Aunt Anita are supposed to be here in May to clean my mess in garage. Love the blogs and pictures, Grandpa

  8. Posted from United States United States
  9. Aunt Nita Says:

    I think I’m being maligned. Having seen Kelly launch herself off of my couch numerous times due to much smaller critters, I’m sure she’s thrilled too! Why anyone would want to take a picture of them is beyond me. You must be related to your Uncle Butch. And Dad, you’d better hope I don’t find anything even remotely similar in your garage. Anything eight-legged and bigger than a quarter (including legs) and I’m out of there. I don’t recall Den having any particular fondess for them either. . .you know, I’m thinking that garage is fine just the way it is.

  10. Posted from United States United States