BootsnAll Travel Network



Days 15-16: Mo Betta

We spent a couple of days in Motueka (Mo for short) preparing for our Abel Tasman tramp (that’s Kiwi for hiking). We picked up gear, walked a couple of beaches, and celebrated the Easter holiday with a Mississippi Mud Pie.

The best thing about being in a former British colony around Easter time can be summed up in one word: Cadbury.

We also visited the beaches and tide pools of nearby Kaiteriteri, purported by the UK Gaurdian to be one of the top five beaches in the world.

A shell of it’s former self, green urchin carcass (?) on the beach in Kaiteriteri.
urchin.jpg

Kaiteriteri beach.
kaiteriteri.jpg

Beer brewer’s paradise: a hops farm. In fact the streets of Motueka are lined with hops vines.
hops.jpg



Tags:

5 Responses to “Days 15-16: Mo Betta”

  1. Mom Says:

    What an awesome beach! Much more attractive than Marc’s tongue on the previous posting 🙂

    I should be picking up about 600 pictures tomorrow – that should keep me busy for a while….

    J&K are taking off to LV for Jon’s B-day – can you believe that your brother will be 29! Scary!

    Love the pictures…… Mom xoxox

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Mom Says:

    Love that beach!!!

    Glad that all is going so well…..

    xoxox

  4. Posted from United States United States
  5. Dan Says:

    Speaking of Cadbury, we were raving about it to visitors from Ireland (we had discovered it on a visit there and we really liked it). The kids went to Safeway the next day and told us “Do you know you can buy it across the street?” We didn’t tell them we had not known that.

  6. Posted from United States United States
  7. K&M Says:

    Yeah, but the Cadbury overseas tastes better. 😉

  8. Posted from New Zealand New Zealand
  9. K&M Says:

    Yeah, but the Cadbury overseas tastes better. 😉

  10. Posted from New Zealand New Zealand