BootsnAll Travel Network



The Worst Possible Start to a Trip Ever

I lost my wallet within 20 minutes of arriving at JFK airport. We checked in, and after we were in the terminal, I went to buy a drink and noticed it was gone.

I wasn’t too worried since I was sure I left it at the check-in counter and the ticket lady would have seen it. And there was no one else in line either.

So I went back, and a cop came with me, and it was GONE. No where to be found. He filled out a police report and I just could NOT believe how on earth I lost a wallet so fast, at my home airport…

So I spent the next hour on the phone with Visa and my bank cancelling my cards. They both agreed to quickly send new cards to the U.S. embassy in Singapore. I HAVE to get at least one new card, otherwise I have NO way to pay for anything. Can you believe that???

I also lost my driver’s license, ISIC card (student discount card) and $60. Thank goodness it was only $60. Jim was carrying hundreds of dollars with him. (Note: That is not a smart thing to do.)

After a while, I was pretty calm because I really didn’t lose anything SUPER important. I could cancel the cards and I needed a new license anyway. And $60 is nothing, really.

So we got on the flight and got to Heathrow and went to the Singapore Airlines desk to purchase our around-the-world tickets. First they told us they lost our reserved ticket reservation and we had to do it over again. It took a long time to set up all the flights, then Jim went to pay and his card was rejected. Another crisis!!! What were we gonna do?? We had no other way to pay!

He called the bank and it was only because there was a limit on what he could charge. So we fixed that and it was ok.

I have more to tell, but my time is up and Jim wants to go explore Little India (where we are staying).



Tags:

One response to “The Worst Possible Start to a Trip Ever”

  1. Carl says:

    *damn…*
    That sure is one suck-fest of a way to start a vacation!! I’m sorry to hear that, Kelly…

    But look at it this way; now you’ve already had the low point of your trip… – from now on it’s going to be a great experience! *positive thinking… – it’s all good! :-)*

    /Carl