BootsnAll Travel Network



Woohoo!

Today’s start saw us flying between trees, up to 30m off the ground.  We practiced monkey noises (and bird calls), took lessons in the flora & fauna of the indigenous forest, and had screaming competitions as we raced down cables from on platform to another.  Welcome to the Tsitsikamma Canopy Tour!  A total of 10 slides, the longest one a full 91m; the day could hardly have had a more exhilerating beginning.  Jill & Kevin’s first trip into the treetops, both of them mastering the jumping and braking (or lack thereof) with remarkable ease, was fun for all (guides included – though I can’t quite figure out if they were laughing at their jokes or at us!)

After our adventurous morning, we went for a moderate hike in the Tsitsikamma National Park along the coast and through jungle vines.  It was a beautiful trail, and we are continuously impressed by how well planned and maintained everything here is, as well as how friendly the people are.  Upon leaving the park, however, we were bewildered by a sign indicating curves and trees in either direction.  ???

Successfully outwitting both the curve and trees, we made it back “home” and enjoyed an extended relax-and-shower period.  Kevin has been playing cheetah for 2 days and today added lion to the repertoire – complete with a cage and requirements to keep him tied up.

We had a leisurely dinner here in the restaurant, with Jill & Kevin heading back to our room while I waited for the waitress, so I could borrow a corkscrew (you’re probably impressed we’ve made it this long without one.)  As I entered the room a few minutes later, Jill informed me “well, it ended just like any other date; we walked in the room and he said: so, you wanted to tie me up?”

Sure enough they proceeded to take turns tying each other up…cheetahs and lions, beware!



Tags:

One response to “Woohoo!”

  1. tdiddy says:

    Been a long time since a male has asked you to tie him up? Sounds quite intriquing but I have to admit I am having difficulty imagining all of your excursions. I’m still stuck on The Wild Kingdom version of safari. Mostly desert with big cats eating on a carcass of some sort and a hyena cackling in the background. Guess I’ll have to wait for pictures.
    It is a good thing I know an excellent porcine
    veterinarian, I’m sure Piglet will be pleased also. Lil’M says “No, lent goes until Easter. You don’t count sundays in the 40 days.” I’m sure, however, that this comment will be too late to save you, Jill! Good thing we have Jesus after all! Heck, eat up & enjoy!

  2. sista #1, left behind! says:

    OOOHHHHH! That sounds like my kind of fun! The bungy jumping a little over the top (or bottom) for me, but the canopy tour I woullldddd LIKE! What a dream like vacation, what about the accomadations? Like Al’natural??? Or not as “fancy”? Didn’t you have netting over your beds to keep the spiders off you??? PICTURES Please!
    Juli

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *