BootsnAll Travel Network



Up to Speed

I bet you all thought I had gone and dissappeared into the wilds of Nepal, well in some ways I did. I have been doing a bit too much on the internet these days and felt it neccassary to take a much needed break from it, Then I realized Christmas had past and now it is New Years without even a mention to anyone but the folks.. My Goodness! Not a way to treat the rest of my homies. So a big belated Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukka to everyone and of course as today is the day

Hapy New Years!!

So to bring you all up to speed, we last left off when I was heading west to Pokhara for a few days before going on to Lumbini.

Well, I ended up in Pokhara, met some lovely Kiwis and decided to stay put and make pancakes for Christmas dinner, instead of being lonely in Lumbini.

Then on the mission to the border we ran smack into the middle of a strike that had blocked traffic in either direction indefinatley. The stike was for the truckdrivers and they used there big tata trucks to make it imposible for anyone to get through unless on foot or bicycle.

So what to do?

Luckily a lovely man Vishnu had two bikes he needed to get back to his village and whoo-hooo I needed a way to get to the road! So we rode the bikes about 20km to his village. Within the abundant kindness of Nepalis he invited Kiwi and myself to stay the night and eat with his family..

At this point I knew I would be missing my rendevous with Ninja adam in Dehli, but staying with Vishnu made it all seem okay, I do believe things like these happen for a reason and of course you also learn important lessons about travelling these parts of the world..

Plan nothing, because the plan Always changes.

Always.

So long story short…

made it to Dehli (again) and finally made the rendevous with Ninja adam.. Now we are heading to Haridawar north of here and should be going to Varanasi in a week or so.

Promise not to be such a slacker in the future.

love jessica



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *