BootsnAll Travel Network



Ticket to Ride

     
  The times they are a changing, sang Bob Dylan so long ago, and these words ring true for me at this moment.  The woman who owns the pottery studio I was supposed to be working at all summer has decided not to open to the public, which means, I am out of a job.   Out of a job!! 

   That is exactly what happens when you tell every living soul you know where you are going and what you are doing.  Friends throw awesome parties for you. Champagne is spilled on the carpet and then what do I do?

 Of course, completely change plans.  
 
 I could stay here and throw pots, get dirty in the garden, chill out with the cows, and ride endless miles of prime cycling roads or, I could make use of my rail pass that I bought on a whim before I left Chicago.    I wasn’t really planning on using the pass so soon, but sometime the Universe decides what must be done and when.  I am seriously craving some good late night times, dancing, and the Ocean…  Spain, here I come!     One huge bonus to the situation is that I will be heading to Spain before the crowds and the heat hits which if fine with me.  I also have my eye on a mystery location that I won’t disclose until I have returned. 
  
  I have come to realize that even though I bemoaned the smog, dirtiness, people and traffic of the city, now I need it!  I could do without the smog and traffic, but people, glorious people, potential friends, drinking buddies, dancing partners, anyone!    

   Country living is not as fulfilling as I thought it could be, for the first two weeks it is peaceful and wonderfully quiet.  Then you realize it’s too quiet after those first initial weeks of bliss, and then you realize, Hey!  Where are the people?  No, Mister Cow, you don’t do so well in the ways of dancing and I am afraid Monsieur Escargot will never be my friend again after eating the melon plant.   

If I had tonnes of work to do I am sure all this would be a different story,  but for now I have to do everything so slowing to hopefully occupy an entire day.  Yes, the time has come to move on.    St. Civran has been a great retreat and I look forward to resting my road weary bones here again in a few months, but for now I have a ticket to ride and I will make it to the action, the Ocean and the fun….  Soon! 
 



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *