BootsnAll Travel Network



Vientiane and pakse

We arrived in Vientiane late at night and mostly just spent the night finding food accommodation and wandering town! The next day we were up and headed on the local bus out to a buddha park. The Buddha park. Thus Buddha park is out in the middle of nowhere and is a bunch of quirky Buddha statues all over! One of them was almost like a big pot you could walk inside and to the top of. It was cool but oh man it is sooo hot down here!! We then headed back into the city, saw the arch they say is similar to the arc de triumph. We then tried to walk home but instead ended up getting lost! Oops!
At night we headed for the bus station and a night bus to pakse which is all the way south! The night buses are hilarious because it’s kind of like a very narrow double bed that you share with someone! Thank god I had Chelsy because otherwise I would of had to spoon with a stranger!! We got to pakse early, got our accomodation settled and bargained a tuk tuk down to take us on the hour journey to wat phou. Wat phou is angkorian ruins that are in southern Laos, similar but smaller than Angkor wat. It was pretty cool but yet again so hot! Thank goodness we saw a sprinkler in front of the bathrooms which we were able to play in after the big hike uphill! Pakse is pretty boring but we still wanted to head out and see some waterfalls as they are pretty amazing in this area so we decided to stay one more night and go on a tour of the falls. This morning we got picked up and the first place they took us was a coffee and tea plantation. This was not what we signed up for! But all was ok when we got to the next couple waterfalls. The first was the highest in the area, the second was so beautiful and a great little swimming hole, and the last was several series of little falls and watching kids jumping and playing in the rapids. After the falls we were off to a local village, which was cool to see and hear about before returning back to pakse. Tomorrow were off to an area called 4,000 islands, it’s supposed to be great relaxing and were looking forward to looking for some freshwater dolphins!



Tags:

2 responses to “Vientiane and pakse”

  1. dad says:

    Hello Summer! Thanks for the update. Pretty hot aye. Sounds like fun. Viet Nam next?? well, be careful . I love you Dad

  2. Summer says:

    Hi dad…. Not yet for Vietnam, we have some friends to meet up with for a couple weeks so well be getting to Vietnam in April! But still having fun, and of course always being safe! I love you and miss you!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *