BootsnAll Travel Network



Tallinn, Estonia

Our last night in Bangkok we spent at joe’s new apartment in Bangkok that jib and him will live in after they’re married this November! It was very very nice and also had an awesome pool on the roof that we got to go swimming in. Chelsy left us from there, which was really sad and it’s weird to be without her, and then Whitney and i just hung out that night until I had to head to the airport. I arrived in Tallinn, Estonia later in the evening and met up with mom. So yes, I have traded in Chelsy for mom, hot weather for cold and temples for castles!

Old town in tallinn is very nice and we spent our first day wandering around and seeing the old city walls, towers and churches. The next day we headed down in some tunnels that are under a tower and a huge manmade hill. It was interesting and described all the things the tunnels had been used for in the past including bomb shelter and a KGB post. We then headed to a museum on Estonia’s history and the occupation of the Germans and soviets that endured for so many years.

The next day we rented a car and headed off to estonia’s largest national park, lehamaa park. We spent some time out on the sea and going on a couple hikes through old growth forests and bogs. We are now in tartu and will spend the day here before heading to viljandi and then into Latvia. Estonia is really nice and I enjoy it, it just needs to warm up a little as it is sooo cold here!



Tags:

One response to “Tallinn, Estonia”

  1. dad says:

    Hi Summer, I guess you related good news and bad news. Bad no Chelsea cold weather Good new scenery and seeing mom!! Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Love you Miss you Enjoy the scenery! Anxious to see you!!! Love dad

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *