BootsnAll Travel Network



Luang prabang

The last couple days in luang prabang have been good, but so far nothing tops today. We have been hanging out with two American guys, Kevin and Alex, and a guy from Belgium, guillom, who we met on the gibbon experience. We all just kind if had the same itinerary so we have decided to all gang together. Like I said we got dropped off in luang prabang at the crack if dawn and ended up just having to hang out in front of a guest house for awhile until things opened up. When we finally found one we just took sone time to shower and relax before heading out to see luang prabang. Luang prabang is a world heritage site mostly because it has a lot of French influence in it’s architecture and cuisine. We headed out and saw the sacred hill and buddha’s footprint (it’s huge, he really was a big guy!) and then went down to the most famous temple in town. Unfortunately it was under construction but it was still really cool cause a lot if the building us covered in shiny glass, so when it is restored it will be amazing!!! We then went and had $5 massages and enjoyed the evening market, which is amazing here!! It’s a good thing I can’t carry everything cause otherwise I would buy it all! We ended the night by having some beers on the river.

This morning we woke up and went out looking for a boat to rake us to khousi falls down the river. After the hour boat ride, a twenty minute ride in the back of a pickup we were finally there! The talks were beautiful! The water was so blue, there were several tiers and it was so pretty. There was also a rope swing into one of the falls, which I of course had to try out! But the water was soo cold! Like jumping into lake superior in September! After the falls and boat ride back we all headed to the bar for a drink and on the walk home we ended up wedding crashing! There was a traditional Laos wedding going on and we headed in to see it and ended up dancing with the bride and groom and having a blast! Guests were giving us free beers and asking us to dance the while time! It was so funny and so cool! A wedding I’ll never forget!

Tomorrow we head to vang vieng for the famous tubing down the river! I’m really excited as everyone weve talked to has said it’s so fun!



Tags:

2 responses to “Luang prabang”

  1. dad says:

    hey Summit! Just kidding. LOVE you Keep livin large B careful Love Dad

  2. Summer says:

    Haha! Thanks for all the messages dad! Miss you and love you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *