BootsnAll Travel Network



Jungle adventure in Laos

so from Chiang Mai we went up to Chiang rai, even further north in Thailand. Our first night we just hung out and went to the night market and explored town. The next day we decided to rent a motorbike again and go to ride elephants. We had a great time! We did an hour elephant ride through the river and the local village and we got to feed them and everything! We drove by a local school and decided to take a look inside, just cause we were curious and we happened to stumble into the English classroom for fifth grade. The teacher then asked us to go over the alphabet and months with the children so Chelsy and I spent a half hour or so teaching the kids. It was so cool, they wanted us to come back and volunteer…. It’s hard to walk away from something like that! We then headed across the river on a bike bridge. This is a wooden bridge just big enough for a scooter to go across… It was a little freaky but super fun. We then went to a boiling hot natural springs and up to the prettiest waterfall we’ve seen yet! We were pretty much off roading and feel bad for whoever is the next to rent that scooter!

The next day we were up early to catch a bus to the border of Laos. We were hoping to do the gibbon experience, a series of diplomas and accommodation in tree huts in the bokeo national park. We weren’t able to go until the next day though so we mostly just spent the afternoon in the lazy border town and just relaxed and had dinner down by the river with some Swiss girls.

The gibbon experience was so cool!! We had about a two hour trek uphill before we got to where we could start ziplining through and across the jungle. Then it was a series of about 10 zips to get to our final zip into our treehouse which was so high up! We then had a snack and a rest and went back out ziplining for another hour or so before the sunset! The next morning we had a morning zip, breakfast and started the trek/zip back down. Our longest zip was 700 m long and they were all so high, above the whole jungle, sometimes over rivers. We had so much fun and played games and made friends with all the other people in the group. Going to sleep with the sounds of all the insects and monkeys was so cool too! We then took an overnight bus to luang prabang and were dropped off with our three other friends at 4 am, when everything is shut down. We tried seeing if anyone was awake or open but with no luck. So we hung out until we could find some accommodation. It turned out to be cool though because we saw the daily alm, the parade of monks going around and collecting offerings from locals. We’ve got two days or so in this area before heading further south.



Tags:

2 responses to “Jungle adventure in Laos”

  1. Summers dad says:

    Hey Summer!!! Thank You for the call last week. It was a joy to talk to you. It sounds like you had a fun week, and sounds like your feeling a lot better. Great! Be careful and keep on having fun. Say hi to Chelsea for me. Love you dear, Dad

  2. September says:

    Summer, We are heading out to Ohare to head to rome tonight. I have two bills – more details on facebook.com- left paperwork with mom if questions.
    I love you Summer. Take care, say hi to Chelsy! Love Sept.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *