BootsnAll Travel Network



Hue, Hoi An and Nha Trang

Hue was really ice and very old! There is an old imperial city there which if restored would be really similar to the forbidden city in Beijing. It was still meat to walk around and see all the restored buildings and the massive wall around the whole thing! We then rented a motorbike and spent the rest of the afternoon motorbiking the countryside and checking out some of the tombs of the old emperors. The first tomb we went to was really cool because even though it’s all black cement on the outside the inside was done in all little pieces of colored glass. It was really beautiful. We then got lost for awhile until we found the next tomb which was not as impressive it was just very large with a huge lake and forest as well. The last tomb we went to was cool simply because the guy it was made for was a pretty funny story. He was tu duc and he had 108 wives, lots of concubines and no children! He also was very short so all the statues were fairly short because they all had to be shorter than him! We had a really great day, we got lost lots but loved getting out of the city and into the countryside!
The next day we were up early for a trip to the DMZ. We got to see the rocklike, which was fairly unappealing as now it just looks like a large mountain. We also saw the start of the ho chi Minh trail, also unappealing as it was just a bridge over a river, and the place of the khe sahn battle. This was interesting because they had “American” planes and tanks, as well as sone we think were real that were just scraps of helicopters. It was all super interesting because based on the photos and the story of the battle told to us you can tell it was all propaganda. The story of the battle I read in our lonely planet was completely different than the one they told us. The other thing the lonely planet said was the us removed or blew up everything up there so the vietnamese couldn’t use it as propaganda so it was very interesting they had us helicopters and large planes. The next place the tour took us to was the vine moc tunnels. These were soo crazy!! They were very short and narrow and so extensive! There were three different depths and they had 90 families in them! There were 17 babies in them and tons of entrances!! It was just so nuts how small and still all clay! If you were claustrophobic you would not want to be in there!
The next day we headed off to Hoi An. Hoi An is a really really adorable town as it is one of the oldest towns in Vietnam. Our first order of business when we got there was to find somewhere to get sone clothes custom tailored! The first place we went to we got some pants made, and they were ready to try on for alterations within 4 hours! The next place I found I decided to get a dress and a shirt made. This place took longer as the lady who measured me actually sewed the clothes herself and they fit perfect when I tried them on the next day! It was so cool getting things custom made for me, I think we should do that with all clothes!!! The next day Chelsy and I worked on our tans at the beach all day. The beach was really beautiful and it is so nice to be on water as it is so hot here! After Hoi An we headed on an overnight bus to Nha trang. Nha trang also has a beautiful beach so the first day after a nap we headed to the beach! We also found a micro brewery in Nha trang so enjoyed a nice microbrew! The next day I found some really really cheap diving so I was off for the day to the islands and a marine park for diving! It was awesome because I saw three octopuses!! One that wasn’t hiding so I actually got to see him moving and he was huge! I also saw lobsters and eels and sone great coral! I had lots of other Americans on the boat and had a good time chatting with them. One girl was named Whitney and she is traveling by herself so age is now hanging with us! We had another beach day and enjoyed the nightlife of Nha trang as well! We are now in mui ne for a couple days until we head to ho chi Minh city and decide the rest of our route.



Tags:

One response to “Hue, Hoi An and Nha Trang”

  1. dad says:

    Hi Summer!! Glad to see an update. It sounds like you are really enjoying VN. I do wish I was there. Your grandpa Jerry was there in Nha Trang and in Bein Me thout, and Saigon, and Da Nang. Check out the economies and business /investment ideas. Same old same going on here. Weather is nice. I do miss you. Gardening season is in full swing. I hope to go fishing soon. Well keep on having fun. Stay in touch. Love you!!! Dad

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *