BootsnAll Travel Network



Mt Everest

Spectacular dosnt even begin to describe the overwhelming beauty and magnitude of Everest. Today we reached 11 000 feet… in the last village (namche bazaar) that we will come across for the remainder of the trek (trekking till oct 23rd). its a tiny little village with a cyber cafe, surrounded by snow capped mountains, sitting in its own total solitude. (other than the sounds of rescue helicopters overhead, and the yaks with ringing bells around theyre necks)… its the last ‘semi civilized’ overnight stay (our showers have consisted of a bucket with boiled water that you wash up in).
When we reached about 9000 feet, temperatures dropped significantly, and the high elevation, coupled with 6-8 hours of ascending directly upwards daily, definitely started to become challenging. but the views…..breathtakingly magnificent. A sense of peaceful spirituality overwhelms you up here. Our first glimpse of Mt everest left me speechless for an hour, in awe, and overcome with emotion.
Our group consists of a sherpa trek leader, my dad, me, and 6 wonderful guys from england
At sunrise tmrw, we continue to ascend upwards, into frigid temperatures, and without any further mode of communication with the outside world available to us, lost in the mountains…..until we descend back down on Oct 23rd.
So until then, my friends, wish us luck….
Namaste
——————————————————————————–



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *