BootsnAll Travel Network



Zoom-Zoom-Zoom!

We’re struggling to update this website lately.  With so little time in such a big country we’re spending most of our time, would you believe, travelling.  We’ll try to get an update on what we’ve been doing with ourselves for the past numerous weeks soon, but until then little me indulge you in the brief version.

Cairns was our next stop, but before we got there we drove into the Tablelands of Queensland; rainforest’s, waterfalls and swimming holes.  All beautiful but it was late in the evening so we decided to come back that way after Cairns.

We spent a day in Kuranda, high above Cairns, set deep in the rainforest covered mountains.  After coming down from the clouds we visited Louise and her daughter, Isla, both of whom we met in Thailand (the little girl with the tigers in the last post is Isla).  It was fantastic to spend a few days not doing anything, and Louise made us feel very at home and very relaxed.  We had an awesome time there.

After Cairns we headed south back to Townsville, then west, inland, towards Mount Isa.  This was the beginning of journey through the Outback.  We rocketed through, arriving at Alice Springs a couple of days before schedule.  This place wasn’t as expected, although in honesty neither of us knew what was in Alice Springs for us.  There wasn’t much.

After a few days in Alice Springs sorting out our broken CD player (can’t drive without the tunes) we headed to Kings Canyon then Ayers Rock.  More to come of that later.  Both however, we’re awesome.

Then we set off for our next leg of the journey; the long and tedious journey towards Perth.  Although unfortunately it’s not actually towards Perth, as there are no direct roads other than hazy tracks for thousands of miles through the desert (obviously, not a good idea unless well equipped), so one has to take an enormous drive to Port Augustus, through the opal town of Coober Pedy – again, more to come of that later – and then across the Nullarbor – a very long road with mixed reviews on ability to excite – to Perth.  We’ve got as far as Port Augustus, and will begin the next leg today.  We’ve got at least three to four days heavy driving ahead of us.  Can’t wait.

We’ll update with a full version, including pictures, soon; promise!



Tags: ,

0 responses to “Zoom-Zoom-Zoom!”

  1. Greg Nejedly says:

    Hello people!

    Sounds like you’re having a fantastic time! Wish I was in Australia! In fact I might move over there and I haven’t even visited it yet! Maybe I should do that first!?

    Anyway, glad you guys are having the time of your life!

    I’m reading the updates and it’s a great time to pass the hours by! Keep it up!
    Greg.

  2. admin says:

    Hi Greg,

    I’d say visit first, just to decide where you want to live. It’s a big country and each state is different to the next; people, things to do and especially climate varies hugely.

    Nice to know someone’s reading them, thank you! Hope your well and everyone else is.

    Take care,

    Rupert and Laura x

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *