BootsnAll Travel Network



Back on land in Koh Lanta

Before the liveaboard we came to Koh Lanta, but really wasn’t here long enough to really get to know the place.  Now that we are here, staying in a bungalow within spitting distance of the beach and only paying $10 a night,  we are loving it!  So wish we would have hung out here instead of Phuket.  Although would have missed out on all that Starbucks!!  Not that we have spent a lot of time on the beach, but have found some nice cafes and a great Indian restuarant on the beach!  Plus our friends Roger and Linda are here as well, so have been hanging out with them.  We have hired a motorbike so been getting out a bit.  Did go back and play the wii yesterday which is always a great way to kill time!  This morning saw off Roger and Linda as they are headed up to Koh Lak, will miss having them around!  So what do you do when you are sad, yep go get a massage!  Well I had been having better luck with these by asking for oil massage and ensuring beforehand that they are gentle.  Well this time I through caution to the wind and just asked for a oil massage, but let her choose how hard she wants to go.  Man that was dumb, I did have a good laugh while getting the massage.  I was thinking if I was ever tortured I would sing like a canary!  I was trying to imagine would I be like Chunk from Goonies when he is being interrogated where he confesses to everything he has done in life or like the black guy in Transformers who upon being told he was in trouble immediately gave up his friend!  LOL  Yes my thresh-hold for pain is very low if you remember from my massage story on Koh Tao!  She gave me the works, fingers, elbows, knees, feet and maybe the kitchen sink!  I also learned that I am as flexible as a rock!  I have to give her credit, she worked her butt off trying to put me in these funky positions only to jam her toes between my ribs!  Now what benefit that has I will never know!



Tags:

One response to “Back on land in Koh Lanta”

  1. Glad you are back on terra firma and that you have found such a neat place. Hope all works out the way you want to for Bahrain….. Keep us updated.
    Be safe – loads of love (my version of lol).
    Mom

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *