BootsnAll Travel Network



The Catlins

All the images are linked now, and it is sickeningly easy now that I know what to do.

catlins falls.jpg    catlins matai.jpg

Well, we went through the Catlins faster than expected since we decided to scratch the multi-day tramp. Its a really lush place, the greenest I’ve seen so far, and we have already had our fair share of rain. I think they could use some a little farther north. We walked along a remote beach and let Saura run along unleashed. She really seems to love the beach and I know there were plenty of new smells to keep her interested and happy. We also walked to a few of the many waterfalls in the Catlins, and they just roaring from all the rain. We spent one night at the picninc area at the trail head of one of the falls, and we spent last night at an overlook in Bluff, the southermost city of the South Island. It was alittle nerveracking since it was windy and rainy all night, with many brutal periods of hail. And we were reminded that today is the 7th when a woman drove up and knocked on our window at about 7:30 AM. At first we thought it might be a cop telling us to move along, but it was in fact a very friendly census taker. They really cover their bases here! I’ll end this post, from the world’s most southern Starbucks, with our pics.

Picnic Point
catlins picnicpt.jpg    catlins rocks.jpg    catlins saura.jpg    catlins sheep.jpg

This is for Josh:

catlins thomas.jpg

catlins walk.jpg



Tags: ,

-3 responses to “The Catlins”

  1. Tami says:

    Wow again! – Tami

  2. Josh says:

    I like the blue train. He’s not Thomas but I like him anyway.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *