BootsnAll Travel Network



Tennis Anyone?

Alan played in tennis tournament in Hagley Park this past weekend. He played very well, but unfortunately the matches where very hard on his body. He cramped alot and now he’s struggling to move. He has signed up for another tournament this weekend, and hopefully his legs will be well enough to play. Right now his calves are swollen to about double their normal size. I haven’t quite gotten the knack of taking good tennis photos, but here is one presentable take:
Before

After Al’s first match we drove back to his mom’s so he could ice his legs and rehydrate and all, and due to cramping we stopped off at a complex that turned out to be his old high school, Christchurch Boy’s School. Its a bit lavish for my tastes, but some might think its nice. Here’s a pic of the main building, which I took from what is called “The Shrine”, located across the lawn. I snapped a few pics of it as well.

Alan is doing alot better now, and he put in a good showing at the tourney, but he still has the swelling and stiffness. Hopefully that will clear enough in a few days for him to punish his body again in the next tourney.

I do want to note that these photos are thumbnails, and even though I resized them from their original quality, clicking on the pick will give you a slightly better view. I really wish I could put up all the originals, but that would certainly take up too much space.

Anyway, against my advice to just rest for a few days, Alan’s decided to work on the van. We went out to the hardware store, bought some MDF and have made a fold out bench seat for the van. It is currently lodged in the back but unattached. It seems to be my job to make the cushion, and I’m sure I’ll get on that sometime…. Currently I’m just having fun documenting the process.

Well, that’s the news to date. I’ll leave you with some New Zealand sunsets a la our backyard. (The camera does add a bit of fire to the sky)



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *