BootsnAll Travel Network



Arriving in Christchurch

These first few posts will be a synopsis of my first few days in Christchurch. We’ve been so busy running errands, adjusting, putting the house together, exploring, and meeting family that this is the first day I’ve gotten to sit down and start this thing. Plus, we’ve decided to use a different, and hopefully better site to blog. It certainly hasn’t helped that I really need a nap by the afternoon everyday.

My trip took a grand total of 35 hours, leaving Greensboro at aound noon on the 6th (Eastern time), and finally arriving in Christchurch at around 5 PM (New Zealand time). Secondary to a delay in San Francisco, where we had to change planes since the elevator that carries the food from the second floor of the Airbus was broken, I had 25 min to catch my plane to Christchurch in Sydney. I made it but my luggage didn’t. That was not a problem, since I really just wanted to get on with the voyage and finally meet Al in Christchurch.

Well, I did finally arrive, met Al, and we went on to our home, which is very cozy with a nice fenced back garden. We’re also one block from a grocery, a dairy, a bakery, a butcher, a fish and chips shop, a pet shop, a nice italian resturant, and a liquor store.

Our first day, hadn’t gotten luggage yet.

And here’s my first taste of NZ fish and chips, this is also my first meal here.

The next morning the airline delivered my luggage to our door (very nice) and I could finally begin unpacking. I just have to inlcude this pic. Saura came over to me as I unloaded all of my things onto our living room floor, sat right down and wouldn’t get up. I have to admit that I was quite happy to see her too.

Well, this was pretty much the layout of our first two days. I started decorating the living room, we drove around the city and walked to a resturant and then back home. Its very nice to live in a place where everything you need is within walking distance. Doreen (Al’s mom for those who haven’t been previously introduced) is only a 25 min walk away, and yes we’ve made that walk and its very easy and very pleasant. I have also met Al’s grandparents, and we had a great dinner, and are having another great dinner with them tonight. Well, I’m ending this post now, but I’m picking right up with our trip out to the beach.

Cheers!



Tags: , ,

One response to “Arriving in Christchurch”

  1. Aunt Bev says:

    When can I come….Ohhhhh, so beautiful…and you both look so healthy and happy..what more can you ask!! Look forward to more exciting pictures! Hi, I’ll send Chris’s address to you, if you would put him on the list…he would love to hear from you Love to both….Aunt “B”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *