BootsnAll Travel Network



Jan 12-14 Kuala Lumpur

Pictures Notes:  Ferry coming in the day we were diving —  we could leave the island the next morning! Kuala Lumpur Welcome center with Petronas Towers in back; Sultan’s Palace grounds; National Islamic Mosque (stylized after Mecca); Obama’s face on money changer stall; a monkey-crossing sign ( a change from the bears!); pictures of family taking an “art” break at Petronas Towers.  Josh – well he was just chilling (I think the 4 days of all day diving lessons had done him in); Annika very happy to have a pancake with chocolate on it; Annika feeding birds in an aviary.

ferry-ti.jpgwelcome-kl.jpgsultan-palace-grounds.jpgnational-mosque-kuala-lumpur.jpgobama-bill.jpgmonkey-crossing-sign.jpgnatalie-drawing.jpgannika-drawing.jpgnatasha-drawing.jpgjosh-chilliing.jpgannika-real-brfst.jpgannika-bird-feeding.jpg 

    

The trip to Kuala Lumpur required: a 2 hour ferry ride (quite uneventful), 2.5 hour sitting around bus station, and 5 hour bus ride.  To go from an island back to the bustling big city was a rude awakening.   The KL traffic was more much congested than Singapore and getting dropped off at the main bus depot was a bit overwhelming: capitalism at its best – probably 30 different bus organizations, hundreds of hawker stalls, people everywhere  – loud, busy, and of course dirty.  After we got our bearings, we walked to China Town (couple of blocks) and stayed at another backpacker hostel. We were complete sweat hogs by the time we made it to the hostel. (We make quite a sight. We look like a family of ducklings -one parent in front and one in the back with the “ducklings” in between, each pulling their own bag.) It was evening, so not much to do except we tried the local Chinese cuisine (see fish picture next blog).

For sightseeing, there is aHop On-Hop Off Tourist Bus – you can get on anytime within a 24 hour period and it follows a 22 stop route around KL hitting all the major sights.  According to the guide books, wait times were no more than 10-15 minutes and there were headsets in the seats to give you a dialogue of the city. A great idea, but waits were more like 30 minutes and headsets did not work.   Highlights were:  seeing the city skyline (which really has grown only in the last 10 years) – old colonial buildings, largest free flight bird aviary in the world (Annika in heaven). Josh and Natasha did not want to go (plus costly) so Tim and kids sat in the outdoor restaurant catching up on internet  while birds would fly up to your table and beg for food – the 3 ft hornbill was incredible.

Islamic Art Museum:

Incredible display of Islamic writings in the Chinese, Arab, and Indian historical periods, calligraphy styles (Josh kind of enjoyed that), weaponry, incredible textiles from different periods (textiles and silks – large part of the trading history), Korans from all ages and the beautiful drawings, calligraphy, and gold embossing that went with it.  One prayer book was only 1 inch by one inch with the full writings – go figure how the artist wrote that one.  There were small scale models of different mosques around the world . 

Petronas Towers:

You all have probably seen them in James Bond movies or others.  They are a marvel to behold.  It was quite an engineering feat  See pictures of next blog.  The building is the headquarters for the gas and oil company called Petronas.  We took the tour that takes you up to the bridge that connects the towers on the 46th floor. Only employess can access the towers. It also holds an incredible music hall for the royal Malaysian philharmonic.  Attached to the towers is a six story mall full of high end stores.  We splurged here on dinner since the kids were really ready for a break from Malaysian hawker stall food. Found a Californian Pizza Kitchen (!) – paid an arm and a leg – but kids were happy (no more whole fish) Got a window seat overlooking the Petronas Towers Fountain and Park.  Good day but again very busy and late in getting to bed.  In order to catch up on picture blogs, writings, searching web for future travel plans – it is around 1am before Tim and Natalie finally call it quits. (So some things haven’t changed:)

Batik at Cultural Center:

(Natalie here) This was the highlight of my day, of course! We all learned how to batik at a local crafts center. They provided all the materials and you could sit there as long as you wanted and work on it. Sort of like our paint-your-own-pottery stores. We spent at least 2 hours there and everyone really enjoyed it.

Grafitti Artist:

We looked up grafitti in KL and came across a young artist who had a studio not too far from us in Chinatown. We went to see the studio, where they had a lot of “grafitti-style” art on canvas painted by young artists just starting out. We actually got to meet the owner of the studio. He “writes” under the name “They” (odd, I know) He was so friendly and curious to talk to Josh about grafitti in the US and Malaysia. He’s actually been chosen to be part of a cultural arts exchange to New York next month. He offered to take Josh out that night and paint! But Josh wasn’t too sure about it – a little intimidated, I think. And I wasn’t sure how we’d handle it. Tim or I could have gone with them, but they don’t leave until 11:00 at night, and I wasn’t exactly sure whether grafitti artists are viewed as criminals or not! But it was definitely a chance to see something beyond the tourist path!

We’re heading up to Cameron Highlands, which is 3000 ft. in the mountains of central Malaysia and looking forward to being cool for awhile. More later…



Tags:

7,926 responses to “Jan 12-14 Kuala Lumpur”

  1. Michaelboowl says:

    https://mexicoph24.life/# buying prescription drugs in mexico online

  2. Stevenpruby says:

    certified canadian pharmacy: Certified Canadian Pharmacies – canadian pharmacy sarasota

  3. RickyPooto says:

    legit canadian online pharmacy Large Selection of Medications from Canada canadian neighbor pharmacy

  4. Michaelboowl says:

    http://canadaph24.pro/# recommended canadian pharmacies

  5. RickyPooto says:

    canadian pharmacy online Licensed Canadian Pharmacy canadian pharmacy mall

  6. Fptxqw says:

    lamisil 250mg usa – oral terbinafine 250mg how to get grifulvin v without a prescription

  7. Stevenpruby says:

    mexico drug stores pharmacies: mexico pharmacy – medicine in mexico pharmacies

  8. Michaelboowl says:

    http://canadaph24.pro/# canadian online drugs

  9. RickyPooto says:

    mexican mail order pharmacies mexico pharmacy buying prescription drugs in mexico online

  10. RickyPooto says:

    canada pharmacy 24h Licensed Canadian Pharmacy canadian pharmacy store

  11. RickyPooto says:

    medicine in mexico pharmacies mexico pharmacy п»їbest mexican online pharmacies

  12. Stevenpruby says:

    canadapharmacyonline com: Licensed Canadian Pharmacy – canadapharmacyonline

  13. Michaelboowl says:

    https://indiaph24.store/# reputable indian pharmacies

  14. RickyPooto says:

    india pharmacy mail order Cheapest online pharmacy buy medicines online in india

  15. RickyPooto says:

    mexican online pharmacies prescription drugs purple pharmacy mexico price list mexico pharmacy

  16. Michaelboowl says:

    http://canadaph24.pro/# best rated canadian pharmacy

  17. Stevenpruby says:

    reputable mexican pharmacies online: mexican pharmacy – mexican border pharmacies shipping to usa

  18. RickyPooto says:

    pharmacy website india indian pharmacy india pharmacy

  19. RickyPooto says:

    canadian compounding pharmacy canadian pharmacies canadian pharmacy antibiotics

  20. Michaelboowl says:

    https://mexicoph24.life/# reputable mexican pharmacies online

  21. Acgupp says:

    semaglutide oral – order rybelsus 14 mg sale desmopressin uk

  22. RickyPooto says:

    mexico pharmacies prescription drugs Online Pharmacies in Mexico mexico drug stores pharmacies

  23. RickyPooto says:

    indian pharmacy india online pharmacy Online medicine order

  24. Seo-Ul-Gax says:

    Мы команда специалистов по SEO-оптимизации, занимающихся увеличением трафика и улучшением рейтинга вашего сайта в поисковых системах.
    Мы преуспели в своей деятельности и стремимся передать вам наши знания и опыт.
    Какие выгоды ждут вас:
    продвижение сайта расценки
    • Подробный анализ вашего сайта и создание персонализированной стратегии продвижения.
    • Оптимизация контента и технических аспектов вашего сайта для максимальной эффективности.
    • Постоянное отслеживание результатов и анализ вашего онлайн-присутствия с целью его совершенствования.
    Подробнее https://seo-prodvizhenie-ulyanovsk1.ru/
    Многие наши клиенты отмечают улучшения: увеличение посещаемости, улучшение рейтинга в поисковых системах и, конечно, рост бизнеса. Мы готовы предоставить вам бесплатную консультацию, для обсуждения ваших требований и разработки стратегии продвижения, соответствующей вашим целям и бюджету.
    Не упустите шанс улучшить свой бизнес в онлайн-мире. Свяжитесь с нами сегодня же.

  25. Seo-Ul-Gax says:

    Мы специалисты профессиональных SEO-оптимизаторов, занимающихся увеличением трафика и улучшением рейтинга вашего сайта в поисковых системах.
    Наша команда преуспели в своей деятельности и хотим поделиться с вами нашим опытом и навыками.
    Что мы можем вам предложить:
    продвижение сайта сео в москве
    • Подробный анализ вашего сайта и создание персонализированной стратегии продвижения.
    • Оптимизация контента и технических характеристик вашего сайта для достижения наивысших результатов.
    • Регулярный анализ результатов и мониторинг вашего онлайн-присутствия для его улучшения.
    Подробнее https://seo-prodvizhenie-ulyanovsk1.ru/
    Уже много клиентов оценили результаты: увеличение посещаемости, улучшение рейтинга в поисковых системах и, конечно, рост бизнеса. У нас есть возможность предоставить вам бесплатную консультацию, для обсуждения ваших потребностей и разработки стратегии продвижения, соответствующей вашим целям и финансовым возможностям.
    Не упустите возможность увеличить прибыль вашего бизнеса в онлайн-мире. Свяжитесь с нами прямо сейчас.

  26. RickyPooto says:

    pharmacies in mexico that ship to usa Online Pharmacies in Mexico buying prescription drugs in mexico

  27. Michaelboowl says:

    http://indiaph24.store/# п»їlegitimate online pharmacies india

  28. RickyPooto says:

    mail order pharmacy india indian pharmacy fast delivery reputable indian pharmacies

  29. RickyPooto says:

    reputable indian online pharmacy indian pharmacy fast delivery top 10 online pharmacy in india

  30. Stevenpruby says:

    п»їlegitimate online pharmacies india: Cheapest online pharmacy – india pharmacy

  31. ScottIders says:

    Understanding COSC Validation and Its Importance in Watchmaking
    COSC Certification and its Demanding Standards
    Controle Officiel Suisse des Chronometres, or the Official Swiss Chronometer Testing Agency, is the official Switzerland testing agency that verifies the accuracy and precision of timepieces. COSC certification is a sign of quality craftsmanship and trustworthiness in timekeeping. Not all timepiece brands seek COSC accreditation, such as Hublot, which instead adheres to its proprietary strict criteria with movements like the UNICO calibre, achieving equivalent precision.

    The Science of Exact Timekeeping
    The central system of a mechanical timepiece involves the spring, which supplies power as it loosens. This mechanism, however, can be vulnerable to environmental elements that may affect its precision. COSC-accredited mechanisms undergo rigorous testing—over 15 days in various conditions (five positions, three temperatures)—to ensure their durability and dependability. The tests measure:

    Mean daily rate precision between -4 and +6 seconds.
    Mean variation, highest variation rates, and effects of thermal variations.
    Why COSC Certification Matters
    For timepiece enthusiasts and connoisseurs, a COSC-validated watch isn’t just a piece of technology but a demonstration to lasting excellence and precision. It represents a watch that:

    Provides excellent dependability and precision.
    Offers assurance of quality across the complete construction of the timepiece.
    Is apt to hold its worth more efficiently, making it a wise investment.
    Famous Chronometer Manufacturers
    Several famous brands prioritize COSC validation for their timepieces, including Rolex, Omega, Breitling, and Longines, among others. Longines, for instance, presents collections like the Archive and Soul, which feature COSC-validated mechanisms equipped with cutting-edge substances like silicone balance springs to improve durability and efficiency.

    Historical Context and the Evolution of Timepieces
    The notion of the chronometer dates back to the need for accurate chronometry for navigation at sea, emphasized by John Harrison’s work in the eighteenth century. Since the official foundation of COSC in 1973, the certification has become a benchmark for judging the precision of luxury watches, maintaining a tradition of excellence in watchmaking.

    Conclusion
    Owning a COSC-validated watch is more than an visual selection; it’s a dedication to excellence and precision. For those appreciating precision above all, the COSC accreditation provides tranquility of thoughts, guaranteeing that each validated watch will operate reliably under various circumstances. Whether for individual satisfaction or as an investment decision, COSC-accredited watches stand out in the world of watchmaking, maintaining on a legacy of careful chronometry.

  32. RickyPooto says:

    canadian pharmacy cheap Large Selection of Medications from Canada canadian medications

  33. Michaelboowl says:

    https://indiaph24.store/# indianpharmacy com

  34. RickyPooto says:

    best online pharmacies in mexico Online Pharmacies in Mexico mexican mail order pharmacies

  35. Rgypof says:

    terbinafine for sale – grifulvin v drug cheap griseofulvin

  36. RickyPooto says:

    buying prescription drugs in mexico online mexican pharmacy mexico pharmacy

  37. Yzrbbj says:

    semaglutide cheap – buy glucovance without a prescription purchase desmopressin without prescription

  38. Stevenpruby says:

    mexican online pharmacies prescription drugs: mexican pharmaceuticals online – pharmacies in mexico that ship to usa

  39. RickyPooto says:

    mexican online pharmacies prescription drugs Mexican Pharmacy Online п»їbest mexican online pharmacies

  40. Michaelboowl says:

    http://mexicoph24.life/# purple pharmacy mexico price list

  41. Fgazdj says:

    order ketoconazole 200 mg online – buy lotrisone online cheap sporanox 100 mg brand

  42. RickyPooto says:

    mexican online pharmacies prescription drugs cheapest mexico drugs medication from mexico pharmacy

  43. RickyPooto says:

    canadapharmacyonline com canadian pharmacies canada online pharmacy

  44. Stevenpruby says:

    canadian pharmacy in canada: canadian pharmacy drugs online – onlinepharmaciescanada com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *