BootsnAll Travel Network



Jan 8 – Stranded on a tropical Tioman Island! – literally

bajang-golf-resort-tioman-island.jpgGolf Course -Tiamon Islandjungle-tioman-island.jpgmonitor-lizard-iguana.jpgMonitor Lizarjungle-monkeys-tioman-island.jpgair-batang-beach-ti.jpgjosh-geomomo-tea.jpgdinner-ti.jpgJungle monkies, Air Batang beach, Josh, allbrkfst-tioman-island.jpgdragon-fruit.jpgannika-tiger-ti.jpgannika-coconut-juice.jpg

 Pictures – breakast on beach, JOsh eating dragon fruit, Annika befriending cat-“tiger”, annika found a coconut on ground and had the restaurant open it up so she could drink the juice.

Note:  check back to previous blogs, we may have added pictures. 

 Back to civilization 1/12/09 – catching up on blogs and pictures

After a very bumpy ferry ride (a combination of a roller coaster, bumper boats and a bucking bronco!), we landed on Tioman Island. It’s the epitome of a tropical island rising up out of the sea, with small villages clinging to the edge of the shore. The jungle rises up thousands of feet right behind the village in a riot of greenery and growth. I am right now sitting on the veranda of our guesthouse, and the waves are about 20 feet away! We have 2 small rooms with AC and hot showers. Nothing special, but an upgrade to where we’ve been and hey – it’s right on the beach! The only surprising part was the heat and humidity. When you see all those pictures of tropical isles, you don’t see the sweat and the mosquitoes! Natalie got eaten alive the first night and was pretty miserably itchy the next day.  On our way to our guesthouse, we saw a 4 foot long monitor lizard, which we later learned was an iguana. Later that day, Josh and Tim saw jungle monkeys scampering in the trees and a snake curled up on a branch! There’s only one short piece of road on the island, so we walk down the beach to find someplace to eat each night. There’s actually not a whole lot of choice as a lot of places are closed for the season. Tonight, we ate at a small table about 2 feet from the surf and had curried mackerel! (All 5 of us for about $10!) Our guesthouse restaurant is on pilings over the water and is a peaceful place to eat breakfast. We’ve really enjoyed talking to the family that owns our guesthouse. There are several grown kids and their families running the place, and their house is sort of open to the restaurant, so the kids run in and out and I (Natalie) have had a chance to talk quite a bit with one of the moms. Tim went golfing at a golf course hewn out of the jungle. He played with monkeys on the tee boxes, iguanas walking across the fairways, and white herons everywhere. Just goreous despite bad greens.  On one par 3 had to hit over the ocean and sand bank to get to the green.  When looking for a ball off the fairway, he had to be very careful as he didn’t know what would jump out of the jungle!  We also went for a walk in the jungle rainforest, on a grown-over path. After about 10 minutes, the kids were too freaked out about what they might see, and we were all already wet with sweat, so we turned around. Besides, we hear the snakes are poisonous!

We were planning to leave the island today, but found out that the ferry has been cancelled for the next 5 days! I guess the government watches the weather and if the winds are too great, they don’t allow the boat companies to go. Probably a good thing, but not in our plans! The bright side is that Josh was able to take an intro scuba course, and now with the delay, he can add on a few days of instruction and have his full diving license. It’s been a highlight for him and opened up a whole new world. The coral reef off the island is pretty good although the clarity isn’t great due to the monsoon.  So at this point, we are hoping to leave by the 13th. Can’t get any internet til back on the mainland, so we’ll be off the island by the time you read this.



Tags:

28,754 responses to “Jan 8 – Stranded on a tropical Tioman Island! – literally”

  1. codeavail says:

    Get top-quality C++ programming help from experts. Our easy-to-understand solutions are available worldwide.

  2. Fbtjxr says:

    alendronate 70mg oral buy furadantin motrin brand

  3. RobertToump says:

    Top 100 Searched Drugs. Get here.
    https://tadalafil1st.online/# cialis cheap
    Read information now. Drugs information sheet.

  4. WillisBup says:

    Medscape Drugs & Diseases. Some are medicines that help people when doctors prescribe.
    cialis viagra cocktail
    Long-Term Effects. safe and effective drugs are available.

  5. Albertpheby says:

    Long-Term Effects. Drugs information sheet.
    tadalafil 5mg tablets price
    п»їMedicament prescribing information. Prescription Drug Information, Interactions & Side.

  6. SammyaWark says:

    Comprehensive side effect and adverse reaction information. safe and effective drugs are available.
    https://tadalafil1st.com/# tadalafil 100mg
    Get information now. Cautions.

  7. Tsgsvm says:

    buy indomethacin 50mg generic tamsulosin sale cenforce order

  8. Hskhak says:

    buy indomethacin 75mg sale indocin online buy cenforce 100mg cost

  9. WillisBup says:

    What side effects can this medication cause? safe and effective drugs are available.
    tadalafil 10mg generic
    Read here. Get warning information here.

  10. ufabet999 says:

    ufabet999 เว็บคาสิโนออนไลน์ อันดับ1 ฝาก-ถอนรวดเร็ว ไม่มีขั้นต่ำ เพียง 1user เล่นได้ทุกค่าย

  11. varvip999 says:

    เว็บสล็อตคุณภาพที่ยิ่งใหญ่ที่สุดในประเทศ varvip999 การันตีรางวัลใหญ่ แจ็คพอตแตก แจกไม่อั้น เป็นศูนย์รวมค่ายเกมสล็อตชั้นนำทั่วโลก เล่นได้ไม่จำกัดวงเงิน สมัครสมาชิกรับโบนัสคืนยอดเสีย 10% ทุกวันจันทร์ สูงสุด 10000 บาท ฝาก-ถอนไม่มีขั้นต่ำ เว็บมั่นคงไม่บิดหนีอย่างแน่นอน

  12. gclub pro says:

    Yours for this great article for the reader a gclubnd this. gclub pro Is to confirm for you that this author creates good works only for you. Good content, I have a chance to see more of your good content in the future.

  13. ufa329 says:

    ผู้ให้บริการคาสิโนออนไลน์ เว็บตรงเชื่อถือได้ ufa329 และเป็นผู้ให้บริการเกมการเดิมพันอย่างครบวงจร ทุกใจทุกการเดิมพัน ได้แล้ววันนี้

  14. Tdjcfl says:

    purchase pamelor generic order nortriptyline online paxil tablet

  15. RobertToump says:

    Medscape Drugs & Diseases. Read now.
    cost of generic tadalafil
    Read here. Commonly Used Drugs Charts.

  16. Jekevn says:

    pamelor pill buy pamelor 25 mg sale paxil 10mg ca

  17. singulair 10mg usa singulair united kingdom cheap singulair

  18. Sreergyjopbw says:

    ivermectin contraindications ivermectin pills for humans ivermectin scabies dosage

  19. AnthonyTIC says:

    All trends of medicament. All trends of medicament.
    rexall pharmacy amoxicillin 500mg

    https://zithromaxa.fun/ zithromax tablets
    Get here. п»їMedicament prescribing information.

  20. Maffib says:

    resume objective for customer service job writing a good cover letter how to word customer service skills on a resume

  21. Twsnxh says:

    doxycycline 200mg ca buy aralen 250mg for sale medrol for sale online

  22. Pssvsm says:

    doxycycline usa medrol 4mg tablets medrol 16mg tablets

  23. RonnieFum says:

    All trends of medicament. Everything what you want to know about pills.
    amoxicillin 30 capsules price

    buy zithromax online with mastercard
    earch our drug database. Actual trends of drug.

  24. Michaelrup says:

    Prescription Drug Information, Interactions & Side. п»їMedicament prescribing information.

    where buy propecia no prescription
    Some trends of drugs. All trends of medicament.

  25. Avmiet says:

    famotidine 40mg price mirtazapine 30mg over the counter mirtazapine drug

  26. Qqdvul says:

    buy pepcid pill order tacrolimus 5mg online cheap buy mirtazapine online cheap

  27. AnthonyTIC says:

    Everything what you want to know about pills. Actual trends of drug.

    https://propeciaf.store/ can i order generic propecia without rx

    where to get generic propecia
    Best and news about drug. What side effects can this medication cause?

  28. Zdwqoz says:

    ropinirole over the counter buy rocaltrol without prescription buy labetalol 100mg pill

  29. Hi I am so grateful I found your site, I really found you by mistake, while
    I was browsing on Aol for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would
    just like to say many thanks for a remarkable post and a all
    round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design), I don?t have
    time to browse it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will
    be back to read more, Please do keep up the fantastic jo.

    My site :: marin spousal support lawyers near me

  30. Ewhruo says:

    oral ropinirole 1mg requip 1mg uk cost trandate 100mg

  31. RonnieFum says:

    Long-Term Effects. Read information now.
    buy amoxicillin online mexico
    amoxicillin 500mg capsules antibiotic
    Cautions. Read here.

  32. Michaelrup says:

    Prescription Drug Information, Interactions & Side. All trends of medicament.

    https://zithromaxa.fun/ zithromax 250 mg tablet price
    Drug information. Get here.

  33. Sreergyjopcg says:

    buy ivermectin online stromectol over the counter ivermectin sheep drench

  34. reibly says:

    how to write a personal growth essay chemistry homework help free how to write a response to literature essay

  35. AnthonyTIC says:

    п»їMedicament prescribing information. Cautions.
    https://amoxila.store/ amoxicillin 500 mg purchase without prescription

    cost of propecia without insurance
    Read information now. Read information now.

  36. Lstjac says:

    fenofibrate price viagra 50mg usa sildenafil next day delivery usa

  37. RonnieFum says:

    Get here. Top 100 Searched Drugs.

    can i get clomid without dr prescription
    amoxicillin 500 mg cost
    Long-Term Effects. earch our drug database.

  38. Ereergyjoptb says:

    ivermectin dose for dogs ivermectin paste for horses where to buy ivermectin

  39. Zywwiu says:

    nexium 20mg capsules nexium 20mg tablet furosemide 100mg without prescription

  40. Eolgcu says:

    cheap fenofibrate 160mg order viagra for sale sildenafil 100mg for sale

  41. Qxvtzy says:

    esomeprazole 40mg usa lasix tablet cost lasix 40mg

  42. Michaelrup says:

    Some trends of drugs. Read here.

    prednisone in canada
    safe and effective drugs are available. All trends of medicament.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *