BootsnAll Travel Network



Jan 11 – Scuba Diving On Tioman Island

tasha-homework-ti.jpgTasha’s homework settingdive-trip-tioman-island.jpgdive-boat-ti.jpggetting ready to dive boat josh-open-water-cert.jpgJosh finishing his last diveranjan-island-scuba-snorkeling.jpgIsland in background is where we dovepajang-dive-site-ti.jpgtim-diving-ti.jpglarge-prawns.jpgbeach-tioman.jpg

 Pictures:  Dive trip – also Tasha doing math homework – what a horrible location to do homework, Tim diving, Natalie eating a “huge Prawn”, Natasha and Annika playing on beach 

Since we found out we would be stranded, Josh wanted to learn how to scuba dive.  While we waited to get off the island, the days were filled with swimming, home-work (math – ugh), walks, etc. and Josh spending all day at the dive center.  The time worked perfectly.  Josh was able to complete his Open Water Padi Dive Certification with flying colors – Hurray!!!!  As a part of the course, he has to do 4 dives.  2 were from the shore which Tim and Natalie accompanied (we are both certified divers but hadn’t dove in a long time – actually – trivia note – our honeymoon was in Cozumel, Mexico spent diving every morning on the reefs).  The last day we went out on the boat and did 2 boat dives – one a reef and the other a small island.  Girls tried their snorkeling at the island, but waves kind of scared them.  Natalie will finish the blog —

 Tioman Island was a great respite after months of packing and planning, and then Christmas! Since it was monsoon season, much of the island was closed, which really made it nicer as it was very quiet. I liked the routine we got into: Tim up early, reading out on the porch and looking at the waves; the rest of us up later – Josh to his dive class, me with a cup of coffee on the porch, and the girls usually on the beach. The rest of the day was just more of nothing! Annika would play with the cats at the guesthouse. There are all kinds of stray cats on the island. They all have bent tails! They say that’s how you know they’re from Tioman. Annika named them all and made special friends with one, whom she named “Tiger.” She and Tiger kind of look alike! This morning when we walked down the path to the boat, Tiger followed us quite aways and finally stopped and looked woefully after us. Back to the “routine:” Dinner was always fun, because we would walk down the path that paralled the beach and check out whatever restaurants were open – usually a rickety wooden table, made even more wobbly because its legs sit in the sand. On the way back to our bungalow, it was really dark because there weren’t many lamps, and the jungle would come alive with sound. And there was not an ounce of car noise because there aren’t any!

 We didn’t know it when the day began, but Josh did his final dives on our last day. He and Tim popped up after their first dive, and I heard Tim exclaim, “I see a ferry!” which meant that we would be able to leave the island the next day. Tim and Josh did the first dive of the day off the boat, but fairly close to shore. They saw turtles, moray eels, sting rays, and lots of “Nemos” playing in the anenomes, as well as a myriad of brightly colored tropical fish. Josh’s favorite were these small neon blkue ones. The visibility wasn’t great due to the monsoon, but there’s so much variety on the reef, that it didn’t matter. We were really proud of Josh. Getting an open water certification is not an easy thing and takes some courage, and he did a great job and loves it. We’re hoping the girls will see the beauty of what’s under the ocean, because so far, they’re a bit uneasy about all those fish swimming down there and not sure they want to look at them! In their defense, the day they were snorkeling off the boat, the sea was rough and a bit intimidating. I went on Josh’s second boat dive, on a reef that encircled a little island. We saw a HUGE grouper, a huge shark, a huge moray eel, a huge turtle, and one very small octopus!



Tags:

13,256 responses to “Jan 11 – Scuba Diving On Tioman Island”

  1. old computer equipment recycling

    Jan 11 – Scuba Diving On Tioman Island » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  2. tubemate says:

    Tubemate or Youtube Downloader is software to view and download videos online on Youtube very quickly and conveniently. This application is provided completely free. The advent of Tubemate is extremely necessary; it meets the need to download copyright video on Youtube, when you are currently limited to downloading some videos on Youtube.

  3. Chat about images on Natgeo

    Jan 11 – Scuba Diving On Tioman Island » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  4. vsupport infotech pvt ltd ahmedabad

    Jan 11 – Scuba Diving On Tioman Island » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  5. tủ bếp inox

    Jan 11 – Scuba Diving On Tioman Island » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  6. hold open devices

    Jan 11 – Scuba Diving On Tioman Island » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  7. Wholesale China Jerseys

    I’m living proof of this, and I know many other Betfair traders who are equally adept at generating regular profits from trading.Note: By researching and comparing the best free home foreclosure listings services in the market, you will be able to det…

  8. Cheap Jerseys Store

    Amateur at Pumpkin Ridge, won by Tiger Woods.Ben Cherington expressed “discipline” when the huge trade with Los Angeles was announced.Undoubtedly, any sport fans would know that off-season strategies are crucial to thepursuit to a successful NFL seas…

  9. It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d most certainly donate to this
    outstanding blog! I suppose for now i’ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed
    to my Google account. I look forward to fresh updates and will talk about
    this website with my Facebook group. Chat soon!

  10. Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap

    Note you don’t have to just back and lay. For more information click here. The New England Patriots recently added the big name Randy Moss. This draws the lactic acid out of the muscles and is extremely relaxing. Follow this method in detail and ensur…

  11. Xherdan Shaqiri Jersey UK

    Check his references – do they back up his claims? Check with any trade organizations or schools he’s affiliated with – will they vouch for him? A good swimming pool service contractor will have a long trail of happy clients and colle…

  12. Cheap Jerseys

    Sandoval explained that he came into the clubhouse during the game to use the bathroom and checked his phone in the process”I made a mistake yesterday and I learned from that,” Sandoval said. Then let it cool off and turn it back on, and this will fi…

  13. Ezequiel Schelotto Jersey

    The same goes for electric fencing which will give you complete protection against intruders or keep animals away from getting out of the premises. You only need to establish the number you are curious about, settleback plus pay attention to the actual…

  14. Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale

    Consequently, in your bet to enjoy total freedom within the use of your own Mac OS x along with other window system you need to get in touch with the expert company that will make use of the proper jailbreaking tools to prevent you shedding the warrant…

  15. Luis Scola Jersey

    Designer perfumes are a perfect gift for those who are fascinated by soothing fragrances. First you have to enter details about your current electricitysubscription. A further productive use of photography is always to show how prospects changed becaus…

  16. DeMarco Murray Jersey

    When clothes are washed in the chemical solvent, it is rinsed and later on it is dried with hot it that helps to evaporate water from the clothes. Then, you will be able to infer which version helped get by far the most subscribers. Will your homework…

  17. Authentic Kendell Beckwith Jersey

    •Picture retouching is a service that needs an artistic mind as it comprises changing the photo’s background, adding any suitable text if needed. Additional sources for Vitamin B12 include milk, eggs and cheese. Whatever type of handmade orn…

  18. Shelby Miller Jersey

    Tinnitus may be a common complaint after being exposed to loud sounds and sometimes, it may occur even without any potential trigger. Listening to this signal is believed to lessen the ringing sound and tension in the muscles. These solvents are used i…

  19. Paytren says:

    This blog was… how do you say it? Relevant!!
    Finally I have found something that helped me. Appreciate it!

  20. Ashley Cole Jersey

    A new tradition can be created and joyfully experienced by deciding that each year you will add a new type of ornamental decoration to the family tree. Do you need fast cash? If yes, you need to hesitate to make use of instant loan offer you.Article Fr…

  21. register uber sg

    Jan 11 – Scuba Diving On Tioman Island » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  22. Seattle Sounders MLS Jersey

    Supplies for making them can be found in a home supply and repair store, or a craft store.Always recognize and reward loyalty in your clients and your team. This control involves moderation of the temperature of the skin, as well as the rate of the pul…

  23. Cheap NBA Jerseys

    By using the security doors made by our company no one can enter your premises without your permission so the chances of burglaries, destruction and property damage are very low.Several sophisticated software applications are being used to find the pos…

  24. Jan 11 says:

    America Cubbison

    I found a great…

  25. Jan 11 says:

    Chester Akerson

    I found a great…

  26. Wilson Chandler Jersey UK

    If you do this, you have greater likelihood of encountering problems later on. This may occasionally appear ideal and yet there’s a good number of problems with obtaining taxi. You can find someone to make you the logo of your dreams in less time…

  27. Title

    […]we like to honor several other online internet sites around the net, even if they aren’t linked to us, by linking to them. Under are some webpages really worth checking out[…]

  28. Jan 11 says:

    Herschel Leija

    I found a great…

  29. Jan 11 says:

    twitter proxies

    I found a great…

  30. Cheap Jerseys From China

    It will be a wise move to understand the equipment you use when you are working out, so as not to cause injury to yourself. In the previous two quarters of 2017, Apple revenue from the areas dropped 12 percent and 14 percent, both on a yearonyear basis…

  31. gh1st american home health care services alexandria va

    “[…]Jan 11 – Scuba Diving On Tioman Island » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia[…]”

  32. http://www.themlbsportsshop.com/Seattle-Mariners-Randy-Johnson-Jersey-Sale/

    I went out the door and to the broom closet. Keep track of your progress and strengthen your draw back correcting capacity. All of them options require passengers to help you cart their luggage towards necessary stop, leaving individuals tired and exha…

  33. Your style is so unique in comparison to other people I have read stuff from.
    I appreciate you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I’ll just bookmark this site.

  34. Hi there! I could have sworn I’ve visited this website before but after
    browsing through many of the articles I realized it’s new to me.
    Regardless, I’m certainly pleased I found it and I’ll be book-marking it and checking back often!

  35. I believe this is among the such a lot significant info
    for me. And i am satisfied studying your article.
    However wanna observation on some normal issues, The web site taste is great, the articles is in point
    of fact excellent : D. Good job, cheers

  36. A person essentially lend a hand to make severely posts I’d
    state. This is the very first time I frequented your web page and
    to this point? I amazed with the analysis you made to make
    this actual post extraordinary. Magnificent activity!

  37. Very nice article, just what I was looking for.

  38. Amazing! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It’s on a completely different topic but it has pretty much
    the same layout and design. Wonderful choice
    of colors!

  39. click here says:

    visit website

    Jan 11

  40. delete this line and enter your anchors here

    Jan 11

  41. Fastidiⲟսs respond in return of this issue with firm argumenmts and
    dеscribing the whole thing concerning that.

  42. Jan 11 says:

    buy elite proxy

    I found a great…

  43. Title

    […]Here are a number of the internet sites we advise for our visitors[…]

  44. Jan 11 says:

    Shelli Gayle

    I found a great…

  45. Title

    […]that may be the end of this report. Here you will come across some web sites that we think you will value, just click the links over[…]

  46. Title

    […]please visit the web pages we comply with, like this one, because it represents our picks from the web[…]

  47. Title

    […]just beneath, are various absolutely not associated sites to ours, nonetheless, they are surely really worth going over[…]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *