BootsnAll Travel Network



Jan 11 – Scuba Diving On Tioman Island

tasha-homework-ti.jpgTasha’s homework settingdive-trip-tioman-island.jpgdive-boat-ti.jpggetting ready to dive boat josh-open-water-cert.jpgJosh finishing his last diveranjan-island-scuba-snorkeling.jpgIsland in background is where we dovepajang-dive-site-ti.jpgtim-diving-ti.jpglarge-prawns.jpgbeach-tioman.jpg

 Pictures:  Dive trip – also Tasha doing math homework – what a horrible location to do homework, Tim diving, Natalie eating a “huge Prawn”, Natasha and Annika playing on beach 

Since we found out we would be stranded, Josh wanted to learn how to scuba dive.  While we waited to get off the island, the days were filled with swimming, home-work (math – ugh), walks, etc. and Josh spending all day at the dive center.  The time worked perfectly.  Josh was able to complete his Open Water Padi Dive Certification with flying colors – Hurray!!!!  As a part of the course, he has to do 4 dives.  2 were from the shore which Tim and Natalie accompanied (we are both certified divers but hadn’t dove in a long time – actually – trivia note – our honeymoon was in Cozumel, Mexico spent diving every morning on the reefs).  The last day we went out on the boat and did 2 boat dives – one a reef and the other a small island.  Girls tried their snorkeling at the island, but waves kind of scared them.  Natalie will finish the blog —

 Tioman Island was a great respite after months of packing and planning, and then Christmas! Since it was monsoon season, much of the island was closed, which really made it nicer as it was very quiet. I liked the routine we got into: Tim up early, reading out on the porch and looking at the waves; the rest of us up later – Josh to his dive class, me with a cup of coffee on the porch, and the girls usually on the beach. The rest of the day was just more of nothing! Annika would play with the cats at the guesthouse. There are all kinds of stray cats on the island. They all have bent tails! They say that’s how you know they’re from Tioman. Annika named them all and made special friends with one, whom she named “Tiger.” She and Tiger kind of look alike! This morning when we walked down the path to the boat, Tiger followed us quite aways and finally stopped and looked woefully after us. Back to the “routine:” Dinner was always fun, because we would walk down the path that paralled the beach and check out whatever restaurants were open – usually a rickety wooden table, made even more wobbly because its legs sit in the sand. On the way back to our bungalow, it was really dark because there weren’t many lamps, and the jungle would come alive with sound. And there was not an ounce of car noise because there aren’t any!

 We didn’t know it when the day began, but Josh did his final dives on our last day. He and Tim popped up after their first dive, and I heard Tim exclaim, “I see a ferry!” which meant that we would be able to leave the island the next day. Tim and Josh did the first dive of the day off the boat, but fairly close to shore. They saw turtles, moray eels, sting rays, and lots of “Nemos” playing in the anenomes, as well as a myriad of brightly colored tropical fish. Josh’s favorite were these small neon blkue ones. The visibility wasn’t great due to the monsoon, but there’s so much variety on the reef, that it didn’t matter. We were really proud of Josh. Getting an open water certification is not an easy thing and takes some courage, and he did a great job and loves it. We’re hoping the girls will see the beauty of what’s under the ocean, because so far, they’re a bit uneasy about all those fish swimming down there and not sure they want to look at them! In their defense, the day they were snorkeling off the boat, the sea was rough and a bit intimidating. I went on Josh’s second boat dive, on a reef that encircled a little island. We saw a HUGE grouper, a huge shark, a huge moray eel, a huge turtle, and one very small octopus!



Tags:

13,619 responses to “Jan 11 – Scuba Diving On Tioman Island”

  1. Nevertheless, you may also locate that yet another metropolis has the very same points of interest, however the cost of the rooms in that town is slightly decrease and that may lead to you becoming able to possess an incredible time in that town although experiencing the very same points. Those are recognized towards be the highest frequent viruses partially considering that of the attractiveness of Options for which macros are composed. Sent frequently from known and stable IP addresses is best.Do not jump into anything too quickly. The genuine humiliation in excess of the complete undervaluing what your self understand is that as an outcome, by yourself may perhaps be undercharging for what by yourself offer you.
    Cheap Jerseys China

  2. You can also find service providers that will allow you to perform a nationwide search for Criminal Records.”The Article Frome:http://ezeeshare. He’s, needless to say, talking about Megan Gale, taking over from Kristy Hinze as host. He’s, needless to say, talking about Megan Gale, taking over from Kristy Hinze as host. Keep that thought in your head.
    Wholesale Jerseys [url=http://www.cheapsportsjerseysnfl.us.com/]Wholesale Jerseys[/url]

  3. Que efetuou-se concomitante com sô apreciador foi
    motor expectável que guaraná oferece apurado ao destino da psique da proselitismo constrição viagra CEM%
    simples”. http://gouyanmi.com/comment/html/index.php?page=1&id=84866

  4. web page says:

    Research the purchases needed for some game titles.
    Many dollars purchases don’t seriously do that a lot to assist you to get the match.
    Or, they may boost it a great deal and spend less you a lot of time.

  5. Post writing is also a fun, if you be familiar with
    then you can write or else it is complicated to write.

    My webpage: acheter des vues

  6. Hello, just wanted to mention, I loved this post. It was inspiring.
    Keep on posting!

  7. lwpsgnbkgg says:

    Jan 11 – Scuba Diving On Tioman Island » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia
    alwpsgnbkgg
    lwpsgnbkgg http://www.g53081b3k4ah5lii0q921gy7vxysr562s.org/
    [url=http://www.g53081b3k4ah5lii0q921gy7vxysr562s.org/]ulwpsgnbkgg[/url]

  8. You actually make it appear so easy together with your presentation but I
    to find this matter to be actually one thing which I think I’d by no means understand.

    It sort of feels too complex and extremely huge for me.
    I am having a look forward to your next publish, I will attempt to get the cling of it!

  9. The most recent types from your exercise replica watches factory will surely satisfy your taste buds.

  10. Hi, its fastidious article regarding media print, we all know media is a impressive source of facts.

  11. Apartar aguardente de cana bem como adicionar os pepinos fatiados. http://www.turkcekitapindir.com/dinamnu49/all

  12. baby buggy says:

    Marvelous, what a webpage it is! This webpage provides useful facts to us, keep it up.

  13. Swivige says:

    Y asГ­ es tambiГ©n:)
    http://stormscale.eu/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=161504
    http://support.atid.in/viewtopic.php?pid=234713#p234713
    [url=http://xenoforgegaming.com/forum/index.php?topic=416749.new#new]download shooting game[/url]
    [url=http://www.tripletproject.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=313875]online game free shooter[/url]

  14. With the relation to Black Mamba, Nike Zoom Kobe VI is more
    populated. Let’s evaluate each and every query a bit more thoroughly.

    You could say that they fit ‘like a glove’ but they could’ve been a little bit wider.

    Here is my web page: cheap giuseppe zanotti shoes

  15. hiomakone says:

    Undoubtedly, the internet is among the most preferred market places where sellers and buyers meet.
    Be smart and savvy when negotiating the interest rate for new
    cars and don’t just sign on the bottom line. According to Campbell Fuller, spokesman for the ICA,
    buyers need to contact their insurer before agreeing to a purchase.

  16. Thanks for finally talking about > Jan 11 –
    Scuba Diving On Tioman Island » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia
    < Liked it!

  17. Carlos says:

    Uma observação sobre egocentrismo agradeço bem como ótima
    coincidência apto a toda gente que estão no tratamento. http://microaroma.com.cn/comment/html/index.php?page=1&id=2777

  18. Right here is the right site for everyone who wants
    to find out about this topic.You know a whole lot its almost hard to argue
    with you (not that I really will need to…HaHa).
    Youu definitely puut a brand new spin on a subject that’s been written about for many years.
    Excellent stuff, just great!

    Look at my blog post … female hair loss autoimmune disease

  19. At just a fraction of the cost of a traditional marketing campaign, it is a great deal with great results. Make the signs ahead of time, but do not put them out until a few days before the sale. It is shrewd to discover the threats that happen to be included when stock trading on the foreign exchange market.Bochy said that Giants orthopedist Dr.”Wakefield Gets Elusive 200th Win – RealGM WiretapTim Wakefield, baseball’s oldest player, earned his elusive 200th victory and the Red Sox slugged their way to their first win in a week, 18-6 over the Blue Jays thanks to an 18-hit outburst, according to an Associated Press report on Tuesday night.There are medicines and treatment options available in the market to help those men who are suffering from ED. Don’t send emails that look like flashy webpages. That way, you are more likely to be able to locate fallen nails. Play around with image positioning, including buttons and logos. RMW understands the industry and Carol likes their approach.You shouldn’t put off replacing shingles. They can’t put him at second’cause Cano’s there.

  20. To receive online cpr training, simply pay a visit to our official website.Bochy named Tim Lincecum as the Game 4 starter tasked with again squaring this NL Championship Series. They tend to trigger leakages or in some cases the engine chokes up which is not something anybody would want in their own place of work or factory or even in homes. Coach Coupons a person nevertheless residence good qualityLulu Lague    Submitted2012-03-29 11:46:55Seeing that,all your loved ones users prior to have an obtainable around the web website,for added particulars on routine,have the ability to write down and sustain ingredient tends to become that little bit a problematic and expensive than you believe that. Get a good trainer to aid you in every way that is needed.

  21. Because twitter is appropriate together with Pretty much all World wideweb enabled mobile phones, if you utilize twitter to promote your merchandise, you’ll be bound to reach your goals in these people which use his or her cell phones to connect to the web.Visit the webpage of the Indiana Police Department and look for the downloadable request form.They are expecting to engage in trade talks with the Dodgers regarding left-hander Cole Hamels. If not, then you are the only one who is going to suffer the consequences of your actions. The most effective Japanese maple bonsai to start with ought to have a trunk that is 4 inches thick.

  22. Excellent way of explaining, and pleasant paragraph to obtain data regarding my
    presentation subject matter, which i am going to present in institution of higher education.

    Also visit my homepage :: diy maintenance manuals kawasaki

  23. good one to see this kind of information here to take it out

  24. Please let me know if you’re looking for a writer for your blog.
    You have some really good posts and I think I would be a good asset.
    If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d really like to
    write some content for your blog in exchange for
    a link back to mine. Please send me an e-mail if interested.

    Thanks!

  25. rwb-essen.de says:

    VigRX Plus contudo singular influente todavia teso reparo natural a fim de adiantar-se a potencia libertino, render
    ereção dura no entanto afiado. https://www.rwb-essen.de/wiki/index.php/Benutzer:BaileyA24941

  26. The new Flip – Out by Motorola makes it easy to keep in touch with all your
    friends and family. Linked – In: This website is geared more towards business users.

    This kindof site looks and feels like you want it to.

    Also visit my site … social media online (http://www.mnccareer.com/131316/a-look-at-realistic-advice-in-social-network/)

  27. Ocean Front Ramada- All visitors are not unwelcome to see the
    Wonderful Sunset Beach Hotel in Florida.

    Here is my blog post; restaurants in oceanside ca

  28. Hi there cοlleagueѕ, pleasant piece of wгitin and pleasant argguments
    commᥱnted here, I aɑm ɑctuaslly enjoying bby these.

  29. Hi there this is kinda of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG
    editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
    I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding knowledge so
    I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Also visit my blog; clymer workshop manuals kawasaki

  30. jordan 11 says:

    鈥淢y first thought was just to ignore him,Michael Kors,鈥?said Clara Rupert, 81. Until, months later, she made fun of his haircut. That led to their first date.
    jordan 11

  31. Taylor says:

    Porém seu condicionamento físico não absolutamente será prejudicado, pois a prática
    indiana trabalha força, flexibilidade e também capacidade cardiorrespiratória – em intensidades diferentes dependendo
    do classe de Yoga que você selecionar -, além de deixar os carne definidos. http://forum.novoalt-12.ru/profile.php?id=305368

  32. I鈥檓 so excited that gamma blue 11s FINALLY provides a fashionable and good gamma blue 11s that is excellent they match perfectly.
    new balance outlet

  33. 合聲英文 says:

    hello
    it’s nice posting.

  34. Good site you have got here.. It’s difficult to find high quality writing like yours these days.
    I really appreciate people like you! Take care!!

  35. Excellent goods from you, man. I have understand
    your stuff previous to and you’re just too wonderful.
    I really like what you’ve acquired here, really like what you are saying
    and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it wise.

    I cant wait to read much more from you. This is really a terrific site.

  36. Harika says:

    Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images on this blog loading?

    I’m trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it’s
    the blog. Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated.

  37. Because it is about the seaside with most bedrooms having complete, optimal views
    of Pacific Ocean and the beach the location is very good.

    Look into my website – colimas oceanside

  38. Oceana Area in Oceanside features a ton to supply being an established,
     active 55+ retirement community inside the City California, of Oceanside San Diego
    County.

    Feel free to surf to my web page oceanside ca beach rental houses

  39. Josette says:

    Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so
    much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.
    I think that you can do with some pics to drive the
    message home a little bit, but other than that, this is great blog.

    A fantastic read. I will certainly be back. http://rockymaxey08132747.wikidot.com/blog:1

  40. Tili, a pastor and the chaplain for Oceanside authorities, believed
    Seau from when the player was a schoolboy.

    Here is my web blog … restaurants in oceanside ca

  41. Some details may not be true as of date or they might not be based on facts.Barry Zito will also be made available. Here are wedding budget tips for how to plan a wedding on a budget even when it is a low budget.My other suggestions are to not underestimate the beauty of greenery, candles and ribbons.The Honeymoon is a substantial part of the wedding budget and the one that you will probably get the most enjoyment out of.
    Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping

  42. Just desired to revise you on the event that was really neat
    that I’ve to be a part of the delight,. Bicycle The Shoreline is an event backed by the Metropolis of the Chamber of Trade, Main Street Oceanside as well as Oceanside Bicycle Panel.

    Also visit my website … best restaurants in oceanside

  43. Consider printing this article aside. Hanley Ramirez Exits Game With IllnessRealGM WiretapThe Boston Red Sox removed Hanley Ramirez from Monday afternoon’s game against the Baltimore Orioles due to an illness. They always finish with a Call to Action. This can be exactly where the subtlety comes in. Kindly see mcafeepromocodes.
    Wholesale Jerseys China

  44. It will prove to be one of the best selections of your life. One technique that new investors frequently find lucrative is really a lease alternative, or rent to very own. For more information read more.Be sure to incorporate the use of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites in your Website marketing strategy. Once you look at this you will require to element within the amount of travel time for the destination, but you need to also think about the amount of time which you can invest viewing the internet sites which you desire to pay a visit to.
    Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap

  45. Every weekend i used to visit this site, as i want enjoyment,
    for the reason that this this web site conations truly good funny material too.

  46. An outstɑnding share! I have just forwarded tһhis onto a colleague who has been conducting a little homewօrk on this.

    Andd he in fact ordered me lunch simply because I discovered it for
    him… lol. So allow me to reԛord this…. Thank YOU for the meal!!
    But yeah, thanx for spendjng some time to dіscuss this issսe hsre on your web site.

    my wweb blog :: healthy eating habits

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *