BootsnAll Travel Network



About me.

   I’m a gay man who has been living in San Francisco for about 15 years.  I’ve spent a certain amount of time in various countries, including three years in the Peace Corps in Borneo, teaching mathematics.  I have a great love of languages–including the technical languages of science–and of the systems of explaining the way the world works.  It’s been almost 20 years since I’ve owned a television, and I try not to believe everything that I read.

Music is a big part of my life, particularly “classical”.  I’ve been a part of a community chorus for ages, and I find the experience of being inside the music one of the most special times of my life.  I respond viscerally to opera and dance.

I’ve been part of a couple for almost a decade now, and this whole time we’ve lived apart.  Jeremy [my husband] lives in Vancouver, BC–at least it’s the same time zone.  He cherishes the best parts of me, and calls on me to be more myself.

My professional training is as a mathematician, and currently I work as a statistician for the California Department of Public Health.  I have a long history of being a nerd.  I suppose that I still am.

I’ll probably end up writing about all this stuff, and some other stuff as well.  Welcome to my world.



Tags: , , , ,

One Response to “About me.”

  1. Kathryn Says:

    Wonderful, Bob! Welcome to the Blogosphere! Lovely intro. I look forward to reading your posts, and I’ll put a link to your blog on my blog. Here we gooooooo!!!!

  2. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply