BootsnAll Travel Network



They’re heavier than they look…

Two backpackers….

Thursday we worked through the night going through odds and ends and more odds and more ends until we felt we’d done the best job we could separating the wheat from the chaff and went to bed full of nervous excitement only to get up a few hours later to bundle up the remaining boxes full of our boiled-down lives in the U.S. I was very pleased that we were able to pare it down to a few boxes each plus the requisite extremely heavy box of books to bring over to our friend’s house for safe keeping. Free! Now we are the possessors of everything you see on our backs and, while we haven’t officially weighed the packs yet, I can tell you that the picture is deceptive and that pack is stuffed FULL. We’re going to weigh them at the airport but my guess is 37 lbs. We have only a few more things to do around Portland (mainly seeing friends and receiving hugs) before heading to the airport at 9pm. We’ll take the red-eye to New York where we’ll be hanging out until Sunday at 6pm when we fly to Ireland! Whoopee – our trip is underway!

Tags: ,



4 Responses to “They’re heavier than they look…”

  1. jmidoyle Says:

    Hi, Becky,
    Great photo and great to learn you are on your way. Have a great time in Spain (Ole’). You are going to have a life changing experience. love, dad

  2. gillian Says:

    Welcome to your new life! Don’t forget to mail me something…1427 SE 45th, 97215. I took a hike from downtown to my house today (only three miles!), and I don’t envy you your upcoming long hikes. I was wearing formal shoes though. That was probably the problem.

  3. jmidoyle Says:

    Hope you have enjoyed nyc; have a great flite tonite… love,dad

  4. Nealie Neal Says:

    I love you both!!! You two are so cute , like to little buttons with back packs!!!!!

  5. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply