BootsnAll Travel Network



India Welcomes Us

Hello all, just a note to let you know that after an amazing whirlwind weekend in Istanbul we’re now safely in India.  The trip from Istanbul to India (including a day long layover in the Sharjah airport in the UAE) was uneventful and smooth.  We arrived in Chennai at 3am, took a taxi to our couchsurf and were greeted warmly and immediatley put to bed which was a relief after being awake for more than 48 hours with only intermittent catnaps.  Our first day in India was colorful and exciting and noisy and exhilarating and fascinating. We’ll write a proper post soon, just wanted to communicate that we’re here and safe and very very happy!

Tags: , ,



3 Responses to “India Welcomes Us”

  1. Evan Payne Says:

    You guys make me so happy. We wish we were with you.

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Mother Hen Says:

    It’s about time! That was a looong dry spell without a ‘travel fix’. Glad you arrived safely and we’ll be looking forward to the next installment.

  4. Posted from United States United States
  5. Vera and Rob Brandt Says:

    Hi Jon and Christine, Your travels are so fascinating. We are enjoying traveling with you. I couldn’t believe you were going to India. I look forward to reading about your adventures there. We pray for your safety.

  6. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply