BootsnAll Travel Network



Donkeys!

We wanted to introduce you to some new friends we’ve made here and also a little share some pictures showing the results of recent heavy rainfall.

Last posting we put a picture up of a lovely cobblestone path leading up to the main house with a beautiful river on both sides. For the last week we have been getting rain the likes of which they haven’t seen in quite a while and it’s hitting us hard! Here is the same path, now totally obscured by heavy water flow:

mainhouse.jpg

But work still has to be done. Here I am crossing the river-path a few days later. I had taken a dip in this river just a few days before the rains and it was chilly and refreshing. Now, with the mountain run off, it’s just damn cold! Although clearly Gita the dog remains largely unaffected.

christinewet.jpg

Jon learned from my frozen feet and made the same trek with his waterproof boots on. The first time round he lost footing trying to walk on the side rocks and plunged his entire foot in the river. The second time he sloshed right through and fared better.

joncross.jpg

We have come to love donkeys. Two of our donkeys reside up a hill on the other side of the farm and one has to walk for about 20 minutes up a beautiful path to reach the hay trough and then the ones who are waiting to be fed the hay. Here I am filling a sack with lovely fresh hay….

hay.jpg

…and here are mother and daughter donkeys enjoying it!

donkey.jpg

And speaking of donkeys, last week we said goodbye to two wwoofers: Samuel and Marie and their donkey Floc. They’ve been working here at La Fargassa through the winter and now that it’s spring they’re ready to take their donkey and continue their footpath across France. We said goodbye and farewell to them!

samdon.jpg

goodbye.jpg

And goodbye too from Jon and I, for this is our last posting from La Fargassa. One month has zipped by and we’re on track to go to our next location to help a lovely family even higher up in the Pyrenees build some outdoor showers and compost toilets! Hopefully you’ll hear from us soon and then we’ll be back down here to La Fargassa while we hope and pray a ride to The Netherlands appears from nowhere…but that’s later. For now we’ve got donkeys to tend to!

housepets.jpg

Tags: , ,



769 Responses to “Donkeys!”

  1. Games Says:

    Needed to create you that very small remark to be able to give thanks once again on the precious views you have shared here. This is so surprisingly generous of you to give freely precisely what some people could possibly have supplied for an e book to earn some bucks on their own, chiefly considering the fact that you might have tried it in case you desired. These concepts in addition acted as a good way to know that some people have the identical fervor similar to my very own to grasp more and more with reference to this issue. I’m certain there are a lot more enjoyable situations in the future for folks who scan your website.

  2. Posted from Switzerland Switzerland
  3. House & Home Improvement Says:

    Hello there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it’s really informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you continue this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

  4. Posted from Switzerland Switzerland
  5. tinder dating site app Says:

    My spouse and I stumbled over here coming from a different web address
    and thought I might check things out. I like what I see so i
    am just following you. Look forward to exploring your web page yet again.

  6. House & Home Improvement Says:

    Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed account your blog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently fast.

  7. House & Home Improvement Says:

    I like the helpful information you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here frequently. I’m quite sure I will learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

  8. automaker Says:

    magnificent issues altogether, you just gained a logo new reader. What may you suggest about your post that you made some days ago? Any certain?

  9. automotive products Says:

    Very well written story. It will be valuable to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work – looking forward to more posts.

  10. automotive news Says:

    I will right away seize your rss as I can not to find your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly let me recognize in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

  11. corporate finance Says:

    I am writing to make you understand of the helpful discovery my friend’s girl developed studying your site. She came to understand such a lot of pieces, not to mention how it is like to possess a very effective teaching nature to get folks without difficulty completely grasp a number of impossible issues. You undoubtedly surpassed our own expectations. Thank you for displaying those great, trustworthy, edifying and even easy tips about the topic to Evelyn.

  12. accounting Says:

    I really appreciate this post. I have been looking all over for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You’ve made my day! Thx again

  13. auto market Says:

    I in addition to my guys have been studying the great things located on the website and so suddenly got an awful feeling I never expressed respect to you for those strategies. The people happened to be absolutely passionate to read them and now have undoubtedly been tapping into them. We appreciate you getting really accommodating as well as for selecting varieties of high-quality issues most people are really needing to understand about. Our own honest regret for not expressing gratitude to earlier.

  14. what is business Says:

    Wow, superb blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your site is wonderful, as well as the content!

  15. automotive Says:

    Hey there, You’ve done a great job. I will definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this web site.

  16. Business Says:

    Hey, you used to write wonderful, but the last several posts have been kinda boring¡K I miss your tremendous writings. Past few posts are just a little bit out of track! come on!

  17. Business Says:

    I like the valuable information you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here regularly. I am quite sure I’ll learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

  18. xmt85c4wx5ctwxw3tcerthve56 Says:

    Title

    […]Every when in a though we decide on blogs that we study. Listed beneath are the most up-to-date web-sites that we pick […]

  19. cnwy54wy54wy54wy5435te4c5t34 Says:

    Title

    […]Here are some of the web sites we recommend for our visitors[…]

  20. These Feet Can Take Us Anywhere Says:

    buy proxy server

    I found a great…

  21. Posted from United States United States
  22. These Feet Can Take Us Anywhere Says:

    seo proxy

    I found a great…

Leave a Reply