BootsnAll Travel Network



The Journey begins

Well here it is, I am actually on the road. The past few days have been crazy hectic, with a last minute flail over the change to the RTW ticket. I ended up with multiple phone calls, and promises to correct the rate and issue the ticket which I have 72 hours to then trade in the previous paper tickets for the new ones. Leaving for Canada I tried at the Orlando Airport and used most of the time prior to departure with no success and finally on my 3 hour layover in Denver I went out to the ticket desk and in an hour and a half of phoning was able to get the tickets changed and printed out, so now the major parts of the big trip are all in place. This morning we are headed out from Calgary to Edmonton for a short visit and on to Jasper and Banff.



Tags:

4 Responses to “The Journey begins”

  1. Matt Says:

    Should be smooth sailing from here forward Jimmy! LOL! Have a great trip and keep us all posted on your journey. And Pics please!!!!

  2. Jim McLaren Says:

    Bon Voyage, Jim.
    I waved as you flew over.
    You will have to slow down. I read once that anyone moving faster than 27 mph is having a net negative effect on the planet. (This is a vague and error-prone memory, but those are the only kind I have.) So come back in a year or two when you are older and wiser and we will investigate the region at a sane speed.
    Meanwhile, keep the tales coming. I shall sit here in a chair reading them, and doing both me and the planet a lot of good.

  3. Posted from United States United States
  4. Him again Says:

    “Your comment is awaiting moderation.”
    ?!!?
    I didn’t think it was an immoderate comment.

  5. Posted from United States United States
  6. James Says:

    I thought it quite moderate, but it raises the additional question as to if it matters whether one is going west or east?