BootsnAll Travel Network



Lake Louise

out my window

We are staying in the historic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Our room is on the 8th (top) floor dead center of the building, so looking out the window is exactly the view you see on all the postcards. Back at Jasper we couldn’t see the Edith Cavell glacier, as the road wasn’t open yet, but did get to walk along the most amazing Maligne canyon. 150 feet deep and 20 feet across. It was incredible. The drive down the Ice-fields Parkway was somewhat disappointing as the weather went from fair to closed in and snowing. We did get to see a black bear on the roadside, and a great view off of Sunwapta Pass. This morning the sun came out and today the views are simply gorgeous. After a hike along the lake trail, we took a drive and went back up the Parkway 20 miles, just to see it in sunshine and were not disappointed this time. Spectacular!! The Canadian Rockies are so much more than can be expressed in words, or even pictures. I am glad we started the journey with this particular place, it helps put the world into focus.



Tags:

2 Responses to “Lake Louise”

  1. Kelley Kauff Says:

    Love the pictures!! Looks like you’re having a great time!! We miss you at work!! Keep posting pictures and happy travels!

  2. James Says:

    Check out the eagle on the next post, 15 feet away!

  3. Posted from United States United States